www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End of Life MindCandy Volume 1 - Comments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: End of Life MindCandy Volume 1 - Comments Reply with quote

We have pressed 5000 copies of MindCandy Volume 1. Between the distributors and myself we have perhaps 700 copies left to sell and distribute at this time. I expect many of these to be sold by the end of the year or if not then by the time Volume 2 is released.

Our plan is to look forward to future volumes and call an end to the pressing of Volume 1 when we run out.

We have reached most of our intended audience and been much more successful than we imagined in selling as many DVD's as we have. One of our, or, at least my, biggest disappointments is that we were not able to get any US magazine to review the DVD. Crying or Very sad

I'm interested in hearing your comments/thoughts on the EOL for Volume 1.

Thanks,
-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ciaran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one thing in particular I'm interested in about Volume 1's EOL. One thing that would be really neat is if the Demographics featurette could be released as a video file on the website after Volume 1's life has ended. I know quite a few people for whom the documentary-style featurette would be an ideal introduction. I only know them over the Internet though, so I can't show them the DVD.

Of course, the trouble with that is it'd require lots of bandwidth. The other thing that would be cool is if you released all the footage that you said Future Crew and the rest of the guys made for you, but I imagine you'd save that for another PC Demos volume (which I'd recommend), so I won't ask that. Smile
Gargoyle/fb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciaran wrote:
One thing that would be really neat is if the Demographics featurette could be released as a video file on the website after Volume 1's life has ended. I know quite a few people for whom the documentary-style featurette would be an ideal introduction.

I think this is a good idea. Smile
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Finally sold out (in the US) Reply with quote

Both Amazon and Fusecon have sold out of Volume 1. A reservation list will be posted shortly.

If we have enough interested (couple hundred) then we will be doing a repress.

As for a repress... Would anyone like to see us use a DIGIPAK instead of the AMARAY style case?

That is what I'm leaning towards even though it cost us 50 cents to 1 dollar more.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright, the mindcandydvd order page has a link to a volume 1 reservation list. Or you can go straight to http://www.demodvd.org/reservations_vol1.

-phx
Smak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Release of unused items. Reply with quote

I also would like to see some of the unused items released, such as the Whole Future Crew footage, and any demos which were captured but not included in the DVD.

Of course they can wait until after another repress if ya'll decide to do one.

Rock on Dudez!

Smak
Ciaran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine they probably want to save that for another PC demos DVD. Could be wrong, of course.... if I am I'd love to be able to see it too Very Happy
Trixter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's 22 minutes of footage, all in Finnish Smile that Trug was kind enough to send to us. We'll probably include it all in another PC release, if we get that far.
zetmoon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to vote against the DigiPak-style case for future pressings and releases. The Amaray cases are much nicer in my opinion (and in the opinion of many DVD collectors).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the difference between digipak and amaray ??
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: case difference Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
what is the difference between digipak and amaray ??

Go here for a good example of the case options:
http://www.bullseyedisc.com/pack_r.htm

Amaray is the standard DVD case. The digipak is plastic withoutter cardboard cover. Tends to weigh a tad less but is slightly more expensive because of the printing. It is like an all in one case. Your seeing it more and more with CD's and even games like Max Payne 2 used a digipak.

-dan
Lia1984

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say I would stick with the Amaray case....everyone I know hates the cardboard DVD cases, and pretty much everyone I speak to on t'internet has the same view.

Amaray cases are much nicer.......

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,

i'm trouble ordering the mind candy cd. the order page just keeps coming up a 404 error.

any help please.

neon.
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Which page Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
hi all,

i'm trouble ordering the mind candy cd. the order page just keeps coming up a 404 error.

any help please.

neon.

Which page?
http://fusecon.com/products/mindcandy/mindcandyorder.shtml
or
http://www.mindcandydvd.com/order

Both should be working. I just checked.

-dan
MadenMann

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To come ontopic again, Digipaks are nice, but they suck when pieces of the little holders in the middle break out - you cannot switch the case. That's why you should keep that "normal" case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: