www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Repress of Volume 1 - Available February 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. we already did give them away, Jim. Smile
Trixter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I hadn't noticed that post before I replied.
pheraohn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Why a white case? Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, why does the 2nd repressing have a white case?
phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Dan likes to keep changing case colors. Smile

It actually looks pretty good.. matches with the lightning on the front. Pretty much all the colors we've tried are all the ones that work without getting ugly. (a limited number of cases in the second pressing were silver and "ice" (light translucent) blue)

-phx
Zone/Marshals

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: thanx! Reply with quote

thank you for the repress of the vol1 !
I own it now! (the case is white;] )
(i founded 3 hidden demos (mayday;]) on newschool face)

Maz-sound.com was good for France shipping
Playstation2 PAL works perfectly as DvD player on my 100Hz 16/9 TV Wink)

I wait now for the Amiga volume !!! (and the public vote/choice/poll too)

If you had time, can you make a PC vol2 with 2002+2003 best prods ?
Trixter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is definitely within our plans to have another PC volume after this one. And we have a few technological tricks up our sleeve for the PC volume... more on that after the Amiga volume is finished.
Kiwidog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

Man have I been outta the loop these past few years. I only just now bought Mindcandy for the first time (it's the new repress; white case), and damn I'm impressed! I had watched some of it at work a while back when a coworker of mine brought it into the office for lunch, but it was a bunch of newer demos ('99 and later); I had no idea until now that there were two sides, with all the oldskool stuff on the second side. I mean, seriously, it's got friggin' SPACE PIGS! Smile If I'd known there was an oldskool side like this, with a bunch of great classics (some of the first demos I ever saw), I would have bought this a long time ago.

And the production values are fantastic! I love the little 15-minute documentary, Jim; it's a wonderful touch. Unfortunately now I can't get the vision of Peter Hajba's wacky hair out of my head Smile

The DVD just arrived tonight, and I already watched the whole second side, and some of the first. I was thinking I'd never see some of these again, and now I've got them available permanently! Absolutely fantastic. Now you gotta make sure to include Optic Nerve in this second volume, because I've still yet to see it (I never could find/make a box that could run the thing). Wink

This really makes me want to get back into the scene again, honestly. I never did manage to get that old Terraformer megademo done (got hired by Raven before it could get out the door), and I've been so busy in games ever since that I never really deliberately "retired" from the scene; it just sorta happened. I'm still busy with work of course, but seeing all this oldskool stuff has reminded me that I've still got some unfinished business to attend to... Smile

Cheers,

- Kiwidog (aka Chris Hargrove)
Trixter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great comments, ex-Hornet d00d. I still have your email message to reply to so I'll respond when I reply privately.
MadenMann

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one question, as my original Mindcandy is still packaged: What was changed in the booklet?
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: booklet changes Reply with quote

MadenMann wrote:
Just one question, as my original Mindcandy is still packaged: What was changed in the booklet?

1) It was made smaller to fit better in the case
2) The order was rearranged so side one was first and side 2 second
3) I also made the lines one point thinner around everything

Came out better in my opinion.

Those are the changes.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the background images (screenshots) were tinted to better match the booklet cover. That's about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: