www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MindCandy 2 preview DVD -> at Assembly '05

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: MindCandy 2 preview DVD -> at Assembly '05 Reply with quote

We will release a special edition preview DVD-R of MindCandy 2 at Assembly '05. This will be a free DVD-R and limited to about 180-190 people (we will press around 200-210).

Tomcat, who is expected to release his book Freax, will have some of these promos DVDs to hand out. The others will be handed out by Assembly Organizers and maybe some others.

In addition we will provide an ISO of the DVD on-line along with our updated MindCandy 2 trailer.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Michael Mortensen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say: Cool and keep up the good work! I'm not going to Asm, but I'm looking forward to the ISO.
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: DVD made it to assembly Reply with quote

Voz wrote:
I just want to say: Cool and keep up the good work! I'm not going to Asm, but I'm looking forward to the ISO.

Our DVD did make it to Assembly. There should be 190 DVD-R's (PAL) available so look for it...if you can't get our labeled DVD then download the ISO.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
maz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The preview DVD rocks, nice navigation Smile And the 5.1 audio works great on stereo headphones, in opposition to the somewhat headphone-incompatible original sound Wink What a difference (not just in panning Wink ), I'm impressed.
Jay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woho. The preview-DVD was great. I would keep the "homage" in some way if I were you. It brought back sweet memories and applied a nice tone to the rest of the contents. I also think that most enthusiasts are more proud of the early days of the Amiga.

(I was a bit surprised when I read that you've had to struggle to get the capturing done. I've watched demos on both classic and modern Amigas. As well as classic and modern PC's. And I for sure know where I encountered the most loss of hair. But I'm not so much into videocapturing so maybe I can't see the whole picture here. Wink )

Really looking forward to the final DVD!
phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maz wrote:
The preview DVD rocks, nice navigation Smile And the 5.1 audio works great on stereo headphones, in opposition to the somewhat headphone-incompatible original sound Wink What a difference (not just in panning Wink ), I'm impressed.

thanks for the good word! and to think the rest of the crew scolded me for mixing with headphones. Smile but of course, the final surround panning is checked on speakers.
phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:
Woho. The preview-DVD was great. I would keep the "homage" in some way if I were you. It brought back sweet memories and applied a nice tone to the rest of the contents. I also think that most enthusiasts are more proud of the early days of the Amiga.

You might see it mixed in with more modern menu design. The menus will hopefully be animated, so we could give old screens new effects. Smile
maz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizard wrote:
I would keep the "homage" in some way if I were you. ... I also think that most enthusiasts are more proud of the early days of the Amiga.

Just wanted to second that, it's *way* to cool to drop it for the final one. It separates the DVD from any other DVD in the first second you see it.
Michael Mortensen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the ISO. Burned it. Put the disc in my DVD player and turned up the volume on the 5.1 receiver and boy was I in for a treat! The demos were perfectly captured and the sound was great! Ask my neighbors. :)

Great job, guys! I can't wait for the final DVD. The journey from Red Sector's Megademo all the way to TBL's Silkcut will surely be amazing!
gesserrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: menus Reply with quote

maz wrote:
Wizard wrote:
I would keep the "homage" in some way if I were you. ... I also think that most enthusiasts are more proud of the early days of the Amiga.

Just wanted to second that, it's *way* to cool to drop it for the final one. It separates the DVD from any other DVD in the first second you see it.

Hi, Maz. I'm thrilled to hear people like the menus. They were fun to make, but I think that's the last you'll see of them. This was a freebie with no dollar returns, so we felt comfortable using Workbench captures. But in making the final DVD we must consider that Amiga Incorporated is alive and well, and careful about their trademarks. It's a nasty, litigious world outside the demo scene, and we don't want to anger the bears.

Still, the response has been so positive that we'll try to incorporate an old skool Amiga sensibility of some kind. I have some ideas. You?
mahen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe you could just ask them for the authorization ?

Amiga Inc nowadays is really nothing anymore. Current Amigans (I still am) would be happier without them Smile

Anyway, THANKS FOR THIS AMAZING WORK Smile I will definitely buy several copies of it when released Smile
Portman7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what can i say, i´m completely shocked by this preview DVD. In a very positive way, of course.

The moment i put that DVD in and saw that old amiga logo again, i almost cried out loud. I like that you provide the original audio and commentary tracks (like on the first volume) while going one step further to try something new with those 5.1 mixes.

Old demos like Love from Fairlight really made me feel younger again, a great experience.

The newer demos like Perfect Circle from The Black Lotus, again remembered me about what amazing talents those people have, the music is absolutely beautifully matching the one-screen work, i just love that demo, especially the zooming part is really one of the best work i´ve seen.

The capturing-work is flawless to my eyes and the new 5.1 mixes really are great. If it´s even remotely possible (ask AMIGA) keep those menus. They really are something special, i´m completely with maz on this.

Thank you for providing such amazing quality products, it really is a joy to watch those. The moment the final DVD is out and maz sells it on his page, i´m sold, like i was with MindCandy Vol. 1, which is still one of my favourite DVDs because it remembers me of the old days. I can´t possibly think of money that is better spend, keep on with it, please!
sh0ck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded the ISO and WOW.... hehe.. Thanks guys and even for the sneak preview about Breakpoint 2003... Can't wait to see the final product Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: