www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A quick review of MindCandy

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: A quick review of MindCandy Reply with quote

The long awaited release of a demoscene related commercial title that you can use ON YOUR TV has been released and... It's quite good! Although my DVD player doesn't support timecoding and therefore doesn't stop on slideshows and instead plays them quickly through, it's quite good and has a good spread of demos - even 303 looks great - better than on a PC (although maybe that's due to anti-aliasing or something). Now, at ~£15 you can hardly say no to about 4 hours of scene stuff can you? All I can say is... WOW! Ok, not everyone is going to enjoy it, but if you've ever thought "I want to take some demos to show someone" you can use this! Oh, and perfect to have running in the corner with the sound amplified... Great party atmosphere! Overall, I'd give it a pretty hefty 9.5/10 as I would have liked to see some alternate platform demos on there. But then again, it is a PC only edition... Here's to many more Mindcandy DVD's!
Trixter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the kind review!

To help us build a compatibility section on the unfinished mindcandydvd.com website, could you tell us what DVD player you had that didn't stop at the slideshows?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: A quick review of MindCandy Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
The long awaited release of a demoscene related commercial title that you can use ON YOUR TV has been released and... It's quite good! Although my DVD player doesn't support timecoding and therefore doesn't stop on slideshows and instead plays them quickly through, it's quite good and has a good spread of demos - even 303 looks great - better than on a PC (although maybe that's due to anti-aliasing or something). Now, at ~£15 you can hardly say no to about 4 hours of scene stuff can you? All I can say is... WOW! Ok, not everyone is going to enjoy it, but if you've ever thought "I want to take some demos to show someone" you can use this! Oh, and perfect to have running in the corner with the sound amplified... Great party atmosphere! Overall, I'd give it a pretty hefty 9.5/10 as I would have liked to see some alternate platform demos on there. But then again, it is a PC only edition... Here's to many more Mindcandy DVD's!

Yeah, sure, it's an integrated one (ie/ inside the TV) and it's a Thomson TV (not sure which model) but apparently they all use the same DVD player system. I'm gonna try and fid the model for you ASAP. Anyway, my email is waffle @ btopenworld.com if you want further details. Ok? Brilliant!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: