www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very Impressed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tibes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Very Impressed Reply with quote

Just received my DVD in the mail here in Australia, yesterday. Very impressed with the quality of the captures and the audio, and the amount of content on offer.

I jumped straight to side 2 (of course) and was pleased to watch Crystal Dream 2 for the first time in years (my fav oldskool demo). The selection of Oldskool on offer is very good!

Anyhow, thanks for all you guys' hard work and I hope that this thing turns out to be a success so we can enjoy a MindCandy 2, 3, 4...

cheers,
T.
Flash Coterizer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! The Demodvd's arrived today here in the dark forrest of Norway, TRONDHEIM. Just watched a couple of demos from the newskool-side and the interview with Trixter. Oh joy joy joy! E X C E L L E N T.
Now it's time to call friends, gather together and watch this seemingly amazing production.
Massive respect and thanks to Trixter&Co.
metamorphosis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I watch the oldskool side with the commentary-track activated, I feel like I'm back in 1993 with my "extended family" (read: my scene-friends) and that's ALWAYS a good feeling.
Trixter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one of the nicest things people have said so far Smile I am glad some people, no matter how few, enjoy the commentary. The demoscene is as much about comradery and people as it is about productions.
Tankist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was reading the faq before ordering - the part warning that some parts might be disappointing or something. Quite the opposite, the DVD is better than I ever expected. Yeah there are a few parts that stutter, but remember watching them on PCs that were a bit too slow? Same effect =) Hell, some of those stuttering demos wouldn't even PLAY on any PCs I ever owned, so I've never seen them.
This is such a valuable item for an old scener. Most of us remember all these old demos very fondly and without an old 386 with a SB or GUS to play them on, most can't watch them at all anymore.
Thanks Fusecon and Hornet, this is an excellent project. I'm glad you guys put that work into it, it really shows.

And Phoenix, if you remember about the TE-2RB story, the whole TG98 network was all wacky so I had to download it from md on the admin LAN and give it to that lazy bum axl, who I know is reading this =) Ahh those party moments...

Diablo
phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben!! W00p!@# With you, axl, gloom, bladerunner, and darkness, it's been like a tg98 reunion here.. now christopher needs to come out of hiding. Smile

On that other thread, you asked about the flickerbox thing on your xbox. As Jim said, it's a motion quality test - if it flickers you should get 60fps (interlaced), if not you'll get just 30.. it doesn't mean it will be unwatchable tho. GD has an iBook too, I wonder how it works on his.
DJSmak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: The commentary rulez! Reply with quote

Hey just wanted to add to the complements of those praising the commentary. Listening to you guys talking about how things were/are really added alot for someone like me whos been watching demos since 1988 on the C64, but never went to a party.

Are you considering releasing the full video of the FC rappin about their demoscene days? That would rule.

Rock on Hornet/Fusecon dudez

The Evil DJSmak

"Demos bring out the true coolness of your computer!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want I want I want!!!

Must order DVD (when I have money)....

A few months ago I actually tried to start DivXing some demos, just for my own archiving, so I could watch the demos on linux or on platforms where they no longer ran..... I didn't actually get to sort out how to capture the VGA or any of that....

The only thing I can say from looking at the contents is, I'm going to want more! There were so many brilliant demos out there, I don't know if it is possible to ever cover them all.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: