www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mindcandy shipping stats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gargoyle|fb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Mindcandy shipping stats Reply with quote

I received my copy of Mindcandy from Maz some time ago. I couldnt watch it yet because I lack both time and a DVD player Razz
Well at least I could enjoy the booklet so far.

Still: It would be great to have a weekly stat on how many copies have been sold so far. Just an idea, I'm curious.

umm, dunno whether this has been asked before, but why did you make a double-sided DVD ? Isn't it easier to make two discs and put them in one box? Again, just curious. I liked the idea as such.
Trixter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The decision to make a double-sided DVD was mostly out of serendipity. Meaning, a DVD divided into 50% old and 50% new just made sense to have two sides. More than that, it was easier to author and produce (DVD-9, or two DVD-5s as you suggested, is more expensive than a DVD-10).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:
More than that, it was easier to author and produce (DVD-9, or two DVD-5s as you suggested, is more expensive than a DVD-10).

Actually the DVD-9 is the same price as the DVD-10 but you lose almost a GIG of space. We packed the DVD-10 close to the max.

As for how many DVD's we have sold we don't have an exact count right now but we have sold out of our initial 2000 pressing--when you include the rush of slashdot orders. This includes the 160+ we gave out to people who helped, press, etc. Each DVD cost me over to $5 (including packaging) to ship to Europe.

At the moment I have over 600 orders to fill and after Amazon's shipment less than 300 DVD's.

-dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: