www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pavillion Motorway Services

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Pavillion Motorway Services Reply with quote

I worked in the fast food section of Forton motorway services in Lancashire, UK, for a year in the mid nineties and can say that I have never eaten in one of those places since.
One morning I arrived at 7am and opened up the unit only to find a box of Danish pastries had been left out and was covered in ants and roaches. I called the manager of the services and down he came, saw the mess and said 'no worries' and proceeded to brush off the ants before putting out tha pastries on the counter.
On another occasion the freezers had broken down. We arrived one morning and opened them up and the smell was just horrendous. Again we called Joe and he came down and just said take it out and serve as much as possible and don't order too much stock today. The freezers were out for 2 weeks. The burgers were half rotten and customers were just leaving most on the tables.

It was just so so so busy at times and we were ran off our feet. With greedy customers that ordered a half pound cheesesburger iinstead of just a quarter pounder, and customers that didnt say 'please' we would the person on the till would should out the order in a different way and we gave the customer a 'special'. Spit, grease from the collection tray next to the burger machine, crap from the floor, even snot from our noses would go on those burgers.
Out of date food was also the norm and noone batted an eyelid at having to scrape off mould from the buns and toasting them just that little bit darker.
There was never any soap in the dispenser and noone ever bothered washing hands after the toilet or smoking or touching money.
When the health inspectors used to turn up ( with prior appointment!!!) every five opr six months the place was spotless and everyone was using tongs to make the food. It was such a joke as we had so many problems trying to make up burgers with tongs. The health inspectors just smiled.
Hey we larked around and did horrendous things to the food but we we were all so bored, tired and unhappy at our terrible wages, very long hours and total exploitation. - And we didnt have to eat the food!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> Fast Food All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: