www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ass kissing and general praise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murdadont

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Ass kissing and general praise Reply with quote

Brilliant!

I recieved my copy yesterday from geekstuff.no and couldnīt wait to get home and view it. Since I have an old crappy TV and my DVD player (Harman/Kardon DVD-1) canīt convert NTSC->PAL, I had to play it through PowerDVD with TV-out from a Radeon 9200 via SVHS to my TV.

Despite that, the quality of this production shines through and just hits you in the face Smile

Iīve been a "scener" (or, more correctly a scener wannabe) since I saw Second Reality in 1994, and Iīve attended The Gathering from 1998 onward. This DVD was heaven-sent since I havenīt been able to see all the demos earlier, and most of them (well, everyone really) blew my mind.

This DVD have inspired me to be more active in the scene, and our group to try and finish some of the many projects weīve started and later canned.

In closing Iīd like to say a big THANKS to the people of the demoscene, both oldtimers and the new breed, for giving me hours and hours of fun watching, listening and enjoying your art. You are all brilliant and may you shine for years to come!

And a special kudos to Trixter and the rest of the crew that created this superb DVD, which without Iīd never be able to enjoy the old-school stuff out there Smile
Trixter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the kind words; it makes the effort worthwhile.

I have to ask: On your Radeon 9200, did it pass the "flickerbox" test in the Setup->Video portion?
Murdadont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havenīt tried the setup portions yet, I was so excited I had to watch the demos at once Smile

But Iīll test it this evening and get back to you. BTW itīs the 9200 with 64 MB DDR-Ram and video in/out. Gotta love ATi video out, itīs brilliant quality.

And Iīve just found 3 or 4 easter eggs - where the others are I donīt know, and I donīt wanna check any sites for the hints.
phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious.. what is this "Radeon 9200"? I couldn't find any info about it, not even on the ATi website. A google search turned up a few pages in Chinese and German, also referring to it as the "R280", but that's it. Is it a European version of a product under a different name? I've seen the 9000, 9500, and 9700.. and just discovered the 9100, which seems to be just an OEM version of the 9000 with a slightly higher memory clock speed. More info on your mystery card please! Smile

-phx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: