www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extra commentary tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trixter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Extra commentary tracks Reply with quote

I've added some alternate takes and additional (unused) commentary tracks to the downloads section of www.mindcandydvd.com -- check them out for some extra fun.

I've only added about half of them, so check back in a week or so for the rest.
Trixter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small follow-up: I've now added all the unused commentary I have from the post-production phase of MindCandy -- except the unused commentary from the easter eggs. I figure I'll add that once we're all sold out, or close to it, so as to not ruin any easter egg surprises for those who haven't found them yet.
gruszic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sort of thing was going to be my one suggestion for volume 2. As much as I enjoyed hearing commentary from the creators when it was available, I missed you guys comments on those demos. Maybe do two seperate tracks on the next one? Is that an option?
phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if we add an extra commentary track to one demo, we have to add an extra track to ALL the demos (on that side), because they're all in the same title. Since we had to save as much space as possible, it didn't really make sense to add an extra commentary track if it were only going to be used a few times.

-phx
gruszic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured as much, but an honest/aside question - given that the audio is compressed anyway, wouldn't a completely silent bit of the track have been compressed to essentually nothing?
Trixter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, because you can't use VBR audio in DVDs. At least, I've never seen a way to do it. So that silent track would still take up the same 128kbit/s as the non-silent tracks. And to anticipate your next question, you can't mix bitrates in a single stream Smile

We will have much more flexible choices next time around. Ironically, the material will be more limited Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: