www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MindCandy article in German computer magazine c't

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtfoe1974

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: MindCandy article in German computer magazine c't Reply with quote

Hi!

I just wanted to let you know, that there's a short but very positive article about MindCandy in the latest issue of the German computer magazine c't (6/03). The c't magazine is read by most experienced computer users, so there should be a lot of new customers for you. Wink
I'll to translate it for you but there will be quite some mistakes since I'm not a native speaker, but I hope it's useful for you:

MindCandy Volume 1
PC Demos

DVD-Video (NTSC, all regions)
Fusecon
www.mindcandy.com
15 Euro

PC demos are made to show what the computer can do: They present refined 3D-graphics and vector effects with funky electronic music, whereas as much as possible is rendered in real-time. The video-DVD 'MindCandy Volume 1' archives the best PC-demos of the last 13 years affectionately and CPU-time saving as MPEG-2 videos.
Even in 1990 the hobbyists managed to do great tricks within the tight limits of DOS-memory.
The demos of the pioneer time stressed the hardware to its limits: When the playback stuttered, the CPU was too slow. When the PC crashed there was a hardware problem. The most beautiful demos ran for years in shop windows of PC dealers: Look how stable our systems are!
'MindCandy Volume 1' shows highlights of the PC demo scene from 1990 to 2001 as DVD-video. So you can enjoy the spectacle without up- or downgrading your PC. Side 1 contains 22 younger "Transcendental Vistas"; Side 2 contains 20 PC demo scene classics till 1998. The dual-sided DVD is filled to the edge.
The B-side will give nostalgic people watery eyes: The pitiable EGA-graphics and squeaky music of the Space Pig's 'MegaDemo' shows impressively how much the PC-hardware has improved since then. The perfect synthesis of sound and graphics in the only three years younger Second Reality (Future Crew) is impressive even today. Another milestone was the 3D chess-game rendered in real-time in Triton's 'Crystal Dream 2'. Magic 12's 'Show' surprises with guitar-blues instead of the electronic sound typical for the scene.
The later demos often look like music videos: The programmers present themselves in a hip hop-look, and breakbeats pump in the soundtrack. Other demos show abstract animations, accompanied by sphaerical sounds. 'Art' of Haujobb (2000) takes the spectator on a trip through a virtual art gallery. 'Le Petit Prince' of Kolor (2001) complements the well-known fairy tale with a giant robot.
MindCandy offers a 230 minute feast for the eyes and the ears. Every demo features audio commentary of the makers and a documentation shows the backgrounds of demo-making. The DVD is unlocked for all regions, but is coded in NTSC-format for compatibility reasons.

Greetings,
Arno
Trixter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the translation, Arno!

One thing bothers me -- the URL is wrong! I hope that they included "www.mindcandydvd.com" instead of what you wrote...?
jtfoe1974

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say that, but it is wrong in the magazine.... Evil or Very Mad
Trixter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap. Can any of our German-speaking users email the magazine and ask them to print a correction in next month's issue?
jtfoe1974

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already did that. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:
Crap. Can any of our German-speaking users email the magazine and ask them to print a correction in next month's issue?

I did that of course. I was in contact with the editor who wrote the article, and he emailed his(!) final version to me around 4 weeks ago. Everything fine, www.mindcandy.de was listed. But obviously some 3rd person changed the URL into a mixture of mindcandy.de and mindcandydvd.com before print.

It's corrected in their database incl. the website, but I'm not sure if the next issue will contain a correction, I asked for it, but got no answer so far.
maz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

"Guest" was me, sorry, wasn't logged in Crying or Very sad
RanuKanu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: No Problem for c't readers!!! Reply with quote

OK, the site m*c*.com will have much more traffic in future Very Happy...

BUT Exclamation

for all those who read the c't magazine it will be no problem
to finde the right URL with the

ALLMIGHTY Google Search-Engin, hehe

I love that your stuff!
I searched l o n g time for the 'Second Reality' Demo from the FC.
I found it, but it will not run on my machine.
And now i can view all these wonderfull stuff without to drive me crazy with the DOS-crap. Thanks a lot:D Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy

Greetings
RanuKanu
jtfoe1974

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest issue of the c't magazine contains the correction:

MindCandy Volume 1
The URL of the MindCandy-Website is www.mindcandy.de and not www.mindcandy.com as stated in the article. Detailed information about the DVD-video can also be found at www.mindcandydvd.com
maz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c't rocks Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: