www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volume 2 -> Survey and Reservation list on line. VOTE NOW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Volume 2 -> Survey and Reservation list on line. VOTE NOW Reply with quote

Hey folks...

Now is your chance to say what you want for VOLUME 2 (AMIGA DEMOS). Visit our original demodvd site or go directly to the survey:
http://www.demodvd.org/survey

And, it may or may not be listed but also add any additional comments (e.g. you don't want the video underscanned, music suggestions, art style, big booklet or no booklet, Amaray case, special case color, etc.)

We will also be passing out flyers, stickers, etc at Breakpoint. The more input we get the easier it will be for us to narrow down the top 30 or so demos that will go on the DVD.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Calen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below i have listed for the survey on what i'd like to see on the next DVD, i tried sending it using the survey but it didnt seem to go threw so i have copy and pasted it here, hope thats ok Wink

Desert Dream, Symbolia, Technological Death, Hardwired, State of The Art, 9 Fingers, Substance, Phenomena enigma, Jesus on E's, Mellow chips.rise, complex.real, complex.origin, sanity.world of commodore, sanity.interference, sanity.arte, the black lotus.captured dreams, virtual dreams.full moon, oxygene.vision, DeathTrial By Mankind (PPC), Andromeda.nexus 7, the black lotus.little nell, Extension by Pygmy projects.

===========================================================

Sorry i went alittle over 20, i could have easily added so much more.
If i read correctly you may be adding around 30 demos on DVD? Would it not be possible to add more than this? Being an avid follower of what is and was the Amiga Demo Scene, i think you would really be only scratching the surface on what made the Amiga demo scene the best in the world after taking the reigns from the C-64 and very much maturing and going to a whole new level on the Amiga.

I'm guessing space in an issue on just how many demos you can fit on a DVD, as well as time and money, myself and others i know our willing easily to pay that extra if you decided to use 2 DVD's or some other form of DVD so that you can fit as many as possible onto 1, While 30 is great and i so much appreciate what you guys our doing here, truely i am, i think we need so much more.
I guess in a way the Amiga demo scene falls into 3 catagories, the original a500/+ OCS/ECS demoscene which was HUGE, then you have the AGA/68030/68060 side of the scene which dominated the mid 90's and after that you have the more recent very interesting PPC/Gfx card side of things, some of which i have been truley amazed by. Thats gonna be so hard to sum up in 30 demos

Those demos i listed came straight from the top of my head within 5 minutes, i'm sure many others our gonna have the same problem, picking 20 demos that has easily 300+ classics from a list of probably 1000's that many of those would be considered classics.

Sorry again for the long winding comment, i guess this is first time that many could see what the Amiga demo scene was all about and for others who want to relive those wonderfull memories, and i feel its gonna be extremely difficult to sum up in 30, 50 is getting warm though:)

Thanks for your time and good luck with this, you our gonna make many many people very happy. Smile
Trixter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's going to be difficult to sum everything up. Smile We would love nothing more than to come out with a 10-volume set of 100% Amiga, but we are obviously limited by time and money.

If this project fares well over the next 5 years, there is always the possibility that we will do a second Amiga volume, just like we might do a second PC volume. But we have some difficult choices to make, such as:

- What volumes sell the most? (This is unfortunately very important because without profit from Volume N, there is no money to make Volume N+1)

- What about scene X/Y/Z? Commodore 64 and Atari ST had huge scenes, we can't ignore them... It is also a personal goal of mine to eventually produce a volume with one demo per platform -- Console, PDA, phone, Speccy, Apple II GS, Mac... That would be majorly cool.

So we'll do our best...
Ciaran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice you recently changed one of the options on the survey - for the music question, on the "Extracted mods" option you used to say about recording it with the "oldsk00l plugin for Winamp" or something like that - now you just say "using a Winamp plugin or standalone player".

I'm glad you changed it (if it means what I think it means), but just to clarify - does this mean that you'd use any player if it rendered the MOD closest to the way the Amiga would have played it for that particular demo? And does it mean that you may use different players for different soundtracks, if some tunes were rendered better on another player?
Trixter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct. Some of the survey comments read like "oldsk00l plugin has noisy output" -- which is true -- and that told us that we didn't make the question generic enough. That specific question is really meant to determine if people want the highest quality sound or the most accurate playback.

We have our own plan, so the question is more of a "what-if" that influences that plan rather than dictating what we do. Don't worry, I'll post a summary of both the responses and how we react to those responses once we close the survey Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: