www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General praise and how can I get the eggs with a Samsung DVD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonos_one

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: General praise and how can I get the eggs with a Samsung DVD Reply with quote

I've ordered the DVD as soon as I've first heard about it and I have watched it 3 times so far, plus another time with the commentarys. Very well done and ranks as the best DVD ever (in my book Wink ) Brought back a lot of memories.

I remember when I downloaded Amnesia back then.. it crashed almost right away and my HD basically died when I ran it. Dunno what happened. I had a PS/1 wich BIOS would auto-detect the HD (no mean to enter the parameters manually) and it suddently wouldn't recognise my HD at all. Needless to say that if you run something called "Amnesia" and your HD "forgets" its content at the same time... it was nice to finally watch that demo. Very Happy

But I have a problem.. I've tried everything I could think of and I just CAN'T find any eggs. I have a cheap Samsung DVD player and no DVD drive in my PC. Am I wasting my time or is there a way to get to the eggs on my DVD?

And if there isn't... how am I supposed to survive the fact? Wink
Trixter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked it! Amnesia was indeed hard to get running because when it went into protected mode, some hard drive controller BIOSes were "jettisoned" (for lack of a better term) if they were non-standard. This also happened to some drives which needed "EZ-DRIVE" or some other BIOS replacement to run.

As for easter eggs, they are easily obtainable through a set-top DVD player. Here's one hint: Go to the Thanks screen in the credits on the oldskool side. At the bottom of my intentionally hard-to-read message, I directly point you to one. The others are found in similar places (navigate to something that shouldn't be there). Good luck!
sonos_one

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so Amnesia was indeed the culprit. Good to know.

Thanks for the tips. Can't wait to get back home now. Wink

Btw, back at NAID I was Le Barman, of The Surrounders. If anyone had to suffer my MODs of the time, I apologyse. Very Happy NAID was fun tho. I hope to see one of the 1996 winners in the eggs. Smile
Trixter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will, and you search hard enough in the production notes, you'll see an unreleased successor to another '96 winner.
sonos_one

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I think I got everything. (4 on side 1, 2 on side 2)

Cool surprises. Very Happy

As a side note, I am able to "navigate" to the hidden "buttons" but my DVD won't play the hidden chapters linked there. It will just immediately get back to where it was. I had to revert to an easier way to find the eggs. Wink
Trixter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't play them? What make and model DVD player do you have? Are you pressing ENTER on your DVD remote to activate them? They *are* normal buttons (just not visible) so they shouldn't react any differently than regular buttons...?
sonos_one

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Samsung DVD-S320 and yes, I am pressing "enter". It behave exactly like if it immediately followed the "enter" by a "previous".

Like you say, I too beleive it should behave like a normal button, but it doesn't. Guess I've got an oddball player.
gostar_baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could cheat. I have seen all the easter eggs but only found 4. I might be too lazy to test all the pages for hidden buttons Smile

On another note, if you read the register ( http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/30514.html ) and follow the link to eBay, is that guy on the right the English guy interviewed on the DVD?

(ok, I know it probably isn't but....) Smile
Trixter

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

How I wish it was...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: