www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fly eggs in raisins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> Misc Food/Restaurant Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: fly eggs in raisins Reply with quote

I remember seeing a book when I was in 8th grade that listed which foods have a minimum and a maximum quantity of nastiness according to USDA regulations.

The idea is that if food production is held to standards of absolute perfection then it will be too expensive for anyone to buy.

I flipped the book open briefly, just long enough to read the minimum (and maximum) number of fly eggs that must be present in raisins. Grapes are dried under the sun and presumably it would ruin the whole industry to make these drying areas fly-proof.

For the next 15 years, I avoided anything with raisins. Of course, I knew better than to read any other pages or I would have starved to death.
aaa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would there be a minimum number? So if you happened to have a batch of grapes that didn't have any fly eggs, you'd have to add some to them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> Misc Food/Restaurant Stories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: