www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Internet Movie Database - MindCandy listed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Internet Movie Database - MindCandy listed Reply with quote

With much effort Andy was able to get us listed on imdb.com. Course there is still a bit of info missing or incorrect. For example, none of us have third generation "III" names.

If you have some time go there and vote for us. Eventually, if we ever get enough votes, we can make the TOP 250.

There scoring goes like this:

Code:
The formula for calculating the top 250 films gives a true Bayesian estimate:

weighted rank (WR) = (v ÷ (v+m)) × R + (m ÷ (v+m)) × C

where:
  R = average for the movie (mean) = (Rating)
  v = number of votes for the movie = (votes)
  m = minimum votes required to be listed in the top 250 (currently 1250)
  C = the mean vote across the whole report (currently 6.9)

note: for this top 250, only votes from regular voters are considered.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The (III) next to the names differentiates them from other people with the same name, i.e. if you're Dan Wright (III), then there are already Dan Wright (I) and Dan Wright (II) who are entirely different people.

It takes a LOT of votes to get in the top 250. In fact, I don't think there are any video-only entries in the list, so don't get your hopes up too soon. Smile

BTW, I submitted DVD Details a long time ago but they still haven't added them. I'll have to see what's going on with that, but it took long enough just to get the IMDb entry added at all.

-phx
phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmph. I just spotted this on the IMDb Contributor Help msgboard:

Quote:
by - jreeves 2 days ago (Thu Jun 19 23:55:14)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the moment, the DVD section is only being updated for high profile titles. Data for other titles is saved, but is not currently being acted on. Perhaps once we get some of our new tools in place, we'll be able to devote some time to this list.
Trixter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, informal poking shows that it takes at least 2941 votes to make top 250 (Hotaru no haka).
sh0ck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so.. lets just get everyone who bought a copy of Mindcandy to well.. vote? Smile

it might just make it..

*ponder*
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: IMDB Reply with quote

sh0ck wrote:
so.. lets just get everyone who bought a copy of Mindcandy to well.. vote? Smile

it might just make it..

We are going to do that when we SPAM everyone about the next edition. But that won't happen till several more months.

We have 12 votes now and need about another 12xx votes. I'm not sure how Jim came up with 2000+ but that is not what their website says.

BTW, it cost us $35 to submit our cover. Go figure.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sh0ck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cost you money to submit a cover.. wtf? You'd think they'd just ask for an image to a certain spec. and not ask you to pay to give that to them. Weird.. anyway voted and made my comment, imdb now owns my soul or something.. ack, had to sign up Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: