www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MindCandy at CGExpo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: MindCandy at CGExpo Reply with quote

Seeing as there are some hardcore oldskoolers around here... if you plan on attending the CG (Classic Gaming) Expo on August 9th-10th, you should know that MindCandy's own Jim Leonard (Trixter) will be among the exhibitors. You can find him at the MobyGames table. He will be bringing several of the last remaining copies of the Volume 1 DVD for sale.
phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, we have about 25 copies left after CGExpo - so technically, we're not out of DVDs in the US just yet. We're thinking of selling them through Animation Trip, a computer animation video store run by the creators of the Mind's Eye series.
111mkinvest_biz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Have any copies left? Reply with quote

Hi,

First off, thanks for taking the time and initiative to take on a project like this. As a kid that grew up with demos, it's a shame to see these things disappear into the annals of computing hardware history. A project like this attempts to preserve that history for posterity- so that newer computer users can get an idea of what the "state-of-the-art" in computer graphics/music was back then. I must admit I had thought about doing the same thing as well (archiving older demos through the use of modern video recording technology). However, it's great to see that someone has actually carried through with the idea!

Anyhow, to my question: would it be possible to pick up a copy of the MindCandy DVD?

Thanks,
phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you want to try getting a copy from SceneStuff or a European vendor, you should sign up on the Volume 1 Reservation List. Like I said above, we might have a couple dozen more for the US. Now that I think about it, those should probably go to people on the list before going to a vendor.
111mkinvest_biz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've already signed up. How large is the list now? And how many do you need before a "repress" will be made? When I read this thread, I assumed this was overstock that was otherwise going to "AnimationTrip" because of a lack of interest.
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: MindCandy - a few still left... Reply with quote

blacknova wrote:
Actually, I've already signed up. How large is the list now? And how many do you need before a "repress" will be made? When I read this thread, I assumed this was overstock that was otherwise going to "AnimationTrip" because of a lack of interest.

Hey, I use to live in Florida--Plantation. Lived there 27 years in fact. Got my first computer in 1986 and knew the players during the '87-'89 era down there in south florida. Got my start with the C-128 computer.

Anyway, my intention is to send/sell them to that Animation place (20 of them) but right now I don't have the DVD's. The guy responsible for sending them had a computer problem. I'm hoping they will be sent this week and you could order as early as next week...

I think someone mentioned about 17 or so on the reservation list. Plus we have another 100 DVD's scattered around our distributors--we are not completely sold out yet. A repress of about 1000 more is in the plans but probably not until October.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
111mkinvest_biz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: MindCandy DVD available yet? Reply with quote

Hi,

Did you ever get that order of MindCandy DVDs from the seller? If not, any new update on the repress?

Thanks!
-Brian
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: MindCandy DVD available yet? Reply with quote

blacknova wrote:

Did you ever get that order of MindCandy DVDs from the seller? If not, any new update on the repress?

We did have some DVD's left over from CG Expo. They went to animationtrip and a week or two later they were sold out. I sent a few more and they sold out of those.

I've got two DVD's I hope to donate within the next week. But, if they are not donated I will sell them except you'll get it in an ugly green case (grinch green). If you don't mind that send me an e-mail.

The repress will happen in Jan with DVD's being mailed in February. I expect some minor changes--booklet a little smaller so it fits in the case better and perhaps a white case, or if I can get it dark green case.

We will be doing a repress but it won't happen until the new year.

Regards,
-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: