www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MindCandy Volume 2: Amiga Demos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: MindCandy Volume 2: Amiga Demos Reply with quote

Some people are aware of the Volume 1 site but not the in-progress/Volume 2 site, so here it is for your bookmarking pleasure:

www.demodvd.org

Pretty much all your questions regarding Volume 2 can or will be answered on that site. (FAQ, Features, and Tech Issues are under construction)
Mombasa JOe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: MindCandy Volume 2: Amiga Demos Reply with quote

Since there was no update for a while on demodvd.org Iīm curios how the dvd is making progress? Are there any news that havenīt been postet so far? eg. do you now have the permission from all groups to use their stuff; or do you already have some demos finished for pressing of the dvd?

Sorry for beeing impatient (and sorry for my bad english) (;

MombasaJOe
phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to be sorry.. in fact, I'm surprised it took this long for someone to ask!

At www.demodvd.org/contents you can find the latest status on what we have for permission, commentary, etc. We might even add capturing and sound mixing status in the future.

We are indeed to blame for the delay of the DVD; a combination of real-life issues and general summer slacking. But it WILL get done, rest assured. Capturing is underway and we are slowly but surely working out each hardware problem we encounter. Just be aware that it will still take a few more months before we have a finished product.

-phx
Philippe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We doesn't dare to speak to you of the delay Wink
We know the hard work it is, especially with all the combination of Amiga hardwares... Don't be angry with Amiga machines!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phoenix wrote:
Just be aware that it will still take a few more months before we have a finished product.

Any chance of it being out by Christmas? I've got someone who really needs one....
phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the original plan, but it won't be done now until after Christmas.. sorry!
Trixter

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it will certainly be done by THIS Christmas Smile (2006)

I was hoping we could make asm 2k6 but xmas 2k6 is a much more realistic goal. The things that are currently taking the most time are:

- Commentary (we have less than half, and I'm going to start recording some myself if we still can't get a response)

- Menus and overall graphic design

- PAL->NTSC conversion
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: pre-order release in Dec 2006 Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:
Well, it will certainly be done by THIS Christmas Smile (2006)

Indeed. We are on schedule to release around 3rd week of December. The pre-order notification will go out during the 16-20th timeframe.

Other press and review copies will go out around the same time. Official release date is the 16th of January 2007.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sh0ck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooohooooo... now this I cannot wait, and especially not to see my ugly mug on screen...

but yes, going to have to put my email address for interest again as it's changed and i'm not sure if you guys have my current one.

Cannot WAIT.
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sh0ck wrote:
Wooohooooo... now this I cannot wait, and especially not to see my ugly mug on screen...

Yep, you are in the featurette...The two australian dudes.

I hope we can get an distributor in Australia otherwise you guys are going to have to pay a lot ($6) for these DVD's to be shipped...

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DopeLEMON

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Very well done! Reply with quote

Mindcandy 2 just arrived in the mail, I took a glimpse at it and I love it already.

I am absolutely amazed by the video quality. From trying to encode some cloanto captures myself I learned that encoding pixel vectors is probably easier than guiding a group of ambitious suicide bombers through a minefield. Nothing worked whatever I tried. But now, it only makes me feel impressed even more now that I see the DVD. It's absolutely crystal clear.

Wauw

Juice
...Tastes like more!
DopeLEMON

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Amazon quote Reply with quote

I just saw you're on Amazon already so I put the following up as a customer review. The comment I put up for Mindcandy 1 appearantly was helpful to 15/16 people. Hopefully it will help your sales too:

If you look at your PC today it may be difficult to imagine a time when physics calculations were difficult for computers, full-screen animation was exceptional and such commonly available thing as the internet wasn't even a buzzword. Yet, in the early 1990s that's exactly the state computers were in and even then we already called them state of the art.

At that time some kids that were part of a computer art movement commonly referred to as "the scene" set the standards for computer art. They programmed home computers to show graphics, animations and play music beyond what the machines had ever been designed for. At parties they gathered and competed in their skills. Later they would work in the computer industry and develop the games millions would enjoy.

This is the sequal to MindCandy 1: PC Demos and features an unprecedented compilation of Amiga demos from the 1990s. It is a historical archive of the development of computer art. Produced by the very same people that were part of that development it features ultra-high quality of original productions from the era and a 20 minute documentary on the experience of visiting a demoscene computerparty.

This is a MUST HAVE for each and everyone that was part of the scene and a recommendation to everyone interested to know how computer multimedia all began.

Juice
...Tastes like more!
phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch for the Amazon review! Of course, those customers will have to wait until the 16th, and they only have the NTSC edition. I can assure them though that the NTSC quality is 99.9% as good.. I was impressed how smooth the 50-60hz conversion was, and the text didn't appear squished or fuzzy. Kudos to Trixter and his obsessive perfectionism!

-phx
kalms

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of us in TBL are eagerly waiting for our shipment of DVDs, whenever it might arrive Smile

[The last tally ended at, uh, 24 discs? some ridiculously high number anyhow]
Trixter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kalms wrote:

[The last tally ended at, uh, 24 discs? some ridiculously high number anyhow]

Yes, but for the commentary you provided, it was worth it!! I *loved* how you were willing to "expose" (not really, since all great democoders know the same info) the tricks and other stuff in your demo commentary. The "ephidrina" comment had me laughing out loud...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: