www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New audio cd w/ volume 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gruszic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: New audio cd w/ volume 2? Reply with quote

Just wondering if there was any chance for another scene related audio CD to be compiled along with the next dvd volume. They just seemt o go hand in hand so nicely...
phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not to necessarily speak for Dan (who compiles audiophonik with Jeff aka Darkness), but I'm sure he'll have his hands full enough with the Vol. 2 DVD to also work on another audio CD. Of course, that doesn't mean someone else couldn't work on one to bundle with the DVD.. the interest might be there. But that's something we'd have to plan out over time.

I've tossed around the idea of a MindCandy soundtrack CD, with menu music and certain demo tracks.. but got busy with the DVD so the idea went on the back-burner, for now. Besides, the DVD is doing a good enough job by itself to fund the next volume. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: audiophonik 2? Reply with quote

phoenix wrote:
Well, not to necessarily speak for Dan (who compiles audiophonik with Jeff aka Darkness), but I'm sure he'll have his hands full enough with the Vol. 2 DVD to also work on another audio CD. Of course, that doesn't mean someone else couldn't work on one to bundle with the DVD.. the interest might be there. But that's something we'd have to plan out over time.

In 1999/99 Jeff and I created and released "audiophonik." We did pay the musicians upfront in $ once the CD was released. Something like $125 a song plus some number of CD's. If we pressed any more then we would pay them X dollars per 100 pressed. Basically, if it took off everyone was covered. Jeff and I split the CD's (500 each). I was able to sell/distribute about half of them over the next 3 years...But, I expecting that we could sell several thousands. That magazines and people would rave about the product. The booklet, layout, art, and music are top notch not only compared to scene CD's but even compared to commercial music CD's. The CD has at least two perhaps three or more songs worthy of commercial radio airplay (we did get some airtime on radiovalve.net and groovetech.com). Yet it never sold as well as I had expected Crying or Very sad

Then MindCandy came along...and I thought yeah, now I can piggy back and sell some audiophonik CD's. And guess what? It worked! I've sold 164 this year alone! Thanks to all those slashdot orders. So, MindCandy helped turn the project around. Prior to November the CD was a "failure" (to me) even though Jeff (Darkness) has done will in Europe.

So, perhaps we can do a volume 2 now? Maybe this time we could get Skaven and Basehead to contribute. I'd certainly need Jeff, PL, and Vic's help again. Another possibility is to also help distribute other musicians audio CD's but then your talking a bit more time/effort.

Regards,
-dan
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: time out Reply with quote

Humm. IT seems the site times me out after 10 minutes or so...that is why the above message shows guest.

I'll have to look into that as someone else complained too.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dan Kressin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: more scene products! Reply with quote

As an ex-scener-wannabe, I only discovered audiophonik by chance as a result of the slashdot MindCandy mention. I purchased audiophonik and I'm quite pleased with every aspect of it. I would _definitely_ be interested in a second volume, especially with something from Skaven on it.

Kudos to all that were involved with the production.

Oh, and I bought MindCandy, too, but I'm stuck waiting for the repress..
gruszic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I have a friend who talks to/works with Base all the time (Dr. Zack). I'll give him a yell and get him to see if Basehead would be up to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: