www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm ebaying my accidental second copy.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rc55

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: I'm ebaying my accidental second copy. Reply with quote

Hi,

Just a blatant plug, I'm auctioning off my spare copy of MindcandyDVD on UK's eBay. I've had a few offers for it but I dont want to let any specific person down so I may as well let people fight for it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3309234658

I hope this is ethically correct... :/

Ruairi
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: you realize Reply with quote

We are currently working on the 2nd pressing...which will be available and shipping again in about 3-4 weeks.

Minor changes to the art, DVD hub, and two new stickers!

Course, if you want to just "sell" it there is someone on Amazon waiting.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No bids yet? I'm starting to get worried.. one day left, come on people! I won't even mind if you resell it for profit. Smile
Trixter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worried about no bids? Maybe you've never heard of "sniping"? Smile
phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh.. haven't heard the term, but I'm assuming you mean the bidder or an accomplice starting a fake bid war to inflate the price. Well, it works better when someone else is bidding!

Looks like you got no bids, rc55 :/ hope your friends knew about it!
Tomcat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniping means waiting for the last possible moment to send in a bid, so nobody else knows before that you want this item, so the price does not get pushed till then.
Trixter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I routinely snipe because I don't want to tip off others what the actual value is. I also snipe because there are (or used to be) fellow software collectors who watched what I was bidding on so they knew to find the good deals! Shocked So I snipe pretty much exclusively, using esnipe.com.

What andy described is "shill bidding" and is prohibited and illegal.
Tomcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually snipe too (no service though, I do it the old-school way Wink)... but in cases like this one, I send at least one bid so the seller knows that there IS a person interested in the product.
jtfoe1974

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: Sniping using software or a service is prohibited with the German eBay. It's legal with the American eBay though...

§8.5 eBay AGB: Die Abgabe von Geboten mittels automatisierter Datenverarbeitungsprozesse ist ausgeschlossen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: