www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music in Live Evil

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3d214f1398a4bce7789db4737

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Music in Live Evil Reply with quote

Just watched Live Evil and the commentary to it. In the commentary, someone mentioned that it is rumored that the music (although it is an MP3 in the demo) was actually tracked. Well, interestingly enough, I downloaded the XM file of the music just a day or two before I saw the demo for the first time Smile.

According to the XM file, the music is by Carlos and Norfair, although Norfair isn't mentioned in the demo itself, he is mentioned in the text file that comes with it.

Also in the commentary it was remarked that the mod file would have to be pretty large because of all the samples used. This is quite true and it's the only mod in my collection where the mod file is larger than the MP3 generated from it (and I encode at high bitrates too).

You can find the mod here.
Trixter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! The other notable demo in that collection of "mods that are larger than their renderings" included in MindCandy is Art / Haujobb -- although THAT song is larger than the .WAV it produces!
phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shucks, it would've been nice to have had this a few months ago.. a lossless version of the demo track on the DVD would've rocked! Oh well, I'll put it up on demodulate for the next update. BTW, RAR -mm is better for big 16-bit modules than ZIPs.. would've saved over 300k with this one. Smile

-phx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: