www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the track name for the Virgill music?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Cogdon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: What's the track name for the Virgill music? Reply with quote

The music used for the Chapter Selection of Side One of the MindCandy DVD, created by Virgill (according to the information pages of www.mindcandydvd.com) absolutely kicks ass. I'm trying to hunt down a standalone version of that track (hopefully more complete, too)

Does anyone know what it's called. Or, even better, where it can be procured?

I've found a bunch of sites with Virgill's music, but it's a bit hard hunting down a track in amongst all available unless I know what it's called.

TIA.
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the track name for the Virgill music? Reply with quote

Chris Cogdon wrote:
The music used for the Chapter Selection of Side One of the MindCandy DVD, created by Virgill (according to the information pages of www.mindcandydvd.com) absolutely kicks ass. I'm trying to hunt down a standalone version of that track (hopefully more complete, too)

Does anyone know what it's called. Or, even better, where it can be procured?

Andy would know more but I have the tune listed as "Virgill-DemoDVD1.mp3" and it is only 1 minute 24 seconds in length.

You could always try e-mailing Virgill. His e-mail address is listed on our website under People: www.mindcandydvd.com/people
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the Virgill tracks are untitled and exclusive to this DVD (AFAIK). Either you can contact him, or I could post one or two of the tunes on the downloads page with his permission.

-phx
Chris Cogdon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: What's the track name for the Virgill music? Reply with quote

dmw wrote:
Andy would know more but I have the tune listed as "Virgill-DemoDVD1.mp3" and it is only 1 minute 24 seconds in length.[/url]
Ah, sounds like it was a 'made for the DVD' kind of track, which makes sense given the 'sustained' style of ending rather than a fadeout . Pity... that segment, short as it is, totally kicks ass... I could only imagine how it could be extended into a full song... perhaps we could encourage Virgill with boxes of Tim-Tams or something Smile

phoenix wrote:
Either you can contact him, or I could post one or two of the tunes on the downloads page with his permission.
Already mailed, actually... however, it would be really nice if the mp3 could be posted up. I'll hold my breath in anticipation.

Thanks kindly for your replies, and thanks for producing a thoroughly entertaining DVD... will be placing some more orders for friends in Aus Smile
Trixter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to take care of this when I get back from my business trip.
DocD^Digital

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: meet virgill on irc Reply with quote

why dont u ask himself on ircnet using #amigascne...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: