www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mindcandy II

View previous topic :: View next topic  
byeaus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Mindcandy II Reply with quote

First of all, GREAT job with Mindcandy I ... the B-Side.

I watched the A-Side once and lost count of how often I watched the B-Side Smile.

To be honest, I give a damn about the A-Side. I have the demos on my hardrive and can download and run those demos anytime on my P4 Windows XP machine. I do not need them on a DVD. I can watch them on my PC anytime I want and make a DVD out of them anytime I want to. I have the Hardware to do it myself. I can't do that with the Demos on the B-Side.

The B-Side IS the Mindcandy DVD. Man was I happy to be able to watch the good old Demos again which I still have on old CD's without beeing able to make them run on my new fancy PC (with W32bit and without a Gravis Ultrasound Soundcard).

I will buy and recommend Mindcandy II - XX, if you continue to bring back on DVD what got lost through no-longer-existing or incompatible hardware and software.

There are much more PC Demos (hey AND INTROS) out there which I loved and would like to see again.

(Dust - Stoned, Prime - Airframe (PLEASE!), Tran- Timeless, FC- Mental Surgery, FC- Fishtro, all the doomsday demos, the byterapers PC demos, the blasphemy demos, Valhallas Solstice (PLEASE!), Tritons Crystal Dream 1, Dubius Demos (PLEASE!), Pulse/Melons -Tribes (PLEASE!), Matrix - Fulcrum etc. etc.)

The Demoscene on the C64 and AMIGA was strong as well, its were it all started. I love to watch MPEG Versions of the Silents/Crionics Hardwired or Kefrens Desert Dream. I miss the good old Fairlight, Smash Design, Oxyron and Byterapers Demos on the C64.

Ask the people who bought Mindcandy I, WHY they bought it.
I am sure, that 90+ % will tell you, because of the Demos on B-Side.

I hope Mindcany II will be a double sided Mindcandy I B-Side.
A-Side Classic PC Demos and Intros
B-Side Classic Amiga and C64 Demos

I am willing to pay twice as much for Mindcandy II (compared to Mindcandy I) if you do that.

What you did on Mindcandy I (B-Side) was GREAT. I love you for that. I pre-ordered it, got it and freaked out. The first thing I did afer watching the B-Side was emailing all my friends and sent them to you german and US Websites to buy the DVD.
Trixter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy and flattered that you enjoyed the disc, especially the oldskool side which was admittedly much more effort to produce. They are my favorites too, and I wish we could have put up a 100% oldskool disc, but we were relying on the financial success of Volume 1 to build the seed capital for future volumes, so we had to include a "mainstream" side. The plan worked, and it's nearly certain that the sales of Volume 1 are going to provide the production capital for Volume 2.

I've just today updated www.demodvd.org with the project details moving forward for Volume 2. It's going to be a bit of a departure from Volume 1, so check it out. Once the website is a bit more finished (I have yet to add a few sections), I will have Dan post an Announcement on the forum with additional details, so check back in a few days.
Shadow/Noice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Mindcandy II Reply with quote

roy_sac wrote:
Valhallas Solstice (PLEASE)

Couldn't agree more! I used to love that demo, but haven't been able to get it running for ages. Not even my semi-oldschool computer (Celeron/Tnt2/Sb16/dos+w98) could run ii. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: