www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geekstuff.no problem (can't contact them)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Geekstuff.no problem (can't contact them) Reply with quote

Hi.

The 03rd of March I ordered a MindCandy DVD from geekstuff.no. They did not have any in stock, so I waited.

The 17th of March they got them in stock according to their website. But I did not recieve any DVD.

The 24th of March I wrote them a mail asking why they had not sent the DVD (could see on their website that they had not sent it)

The 28th of March I recieved a mail where they said they would send the DVD the 28th of March or 31th of March.

The 2/4 I wrote them a mail asking why they had not sent the DVD. Did not recieve an answer.

The 7/4 I wrote them another mail asking why they had not sent the DVD. Did not recieve an answer.

The 12/4 I wrote them another mail asking why they had not sent the DVD. Did not recieve an answer on this one either.

Why is it possible, that they can be listed as MindCandy DVD reseller when they do not answer their mail and do not send out the products ordered.

Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
PS: The order number is 600. My mail is rrs@image.dk
(sorry for my bad english)
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: E-mailed AJ Reply with quote

I've sent an e-mail to AJ so hopefully we will both hear something in a couple days to resolve this matter.

It is possible they sent the DVD but it got held up in customs. I know I've sent some DVD's to Canada and they were returned 1-2 months later, unclaimed. Customs caught them and was going to charge duties.

We'll find out soon,
-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gostar_baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered from Geekstuff.no in march, and got a mail stating they hadn't received it yet. Then I got a mail saying it was shipped from USA. After a while I wrote an email asking where it was and got a reply that it was on the way. A week or so later I asked again, but got no answer, then I saw on their site that they had received it and was going to start shipping, and a short week later I had received it (I recevied it about 3 weeks ago).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: E-mailed AJ Reply with quote

dmw wrote:
I've sent an e-mail to AJ so hopefully we will both hear something in a couple days to resolve this matter.

Any progress on this case? geekstuff.no's website still say that my DVD has not been sent yet Sad

Please help me - I would really like to buy the DVD.
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: E-mailed AJ Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
dmw wrote:

Any progress on this case? geekstuff.no's website still say that my DVD has not been sent yet Sad

Please help me - I would really like to buy the DVD.

Crying or Very sad

I'm still waiting too. No word yet via E-mail. I'll keep trying...to find out what is happening.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prepare yourselves to wait for a while.

I ordered 7 DVD's (one for me, six for friends) on the 27th of November last year. I pre-paid on/around the 10 of December, as that, according to their web site (at the time) would get me the DVD's before christmas.

I've contacted them numerous times, both via e-mail and phone. I've got one reply via e-mail. If you want to contact them, I'd recommend the phone option, as they seem to answer the phone. Not much help though, when they don't follow up on what they promise.

Anyways. I've waited four months, and so far, still nothing. I sent my last email to them on monday the 21st of April, giving them time untill next monday (28.4) to either give me my money back, or finally get the DVD's shipped. If they fail to do so, I will turn the case over to the police.

That said, I wish I'd have been at The Gathering this year. Seems like they had a stand there. I would have yelled their ears off Smile

Gjert-André
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: four months... Reply with quote

Yeah, 4 months is crazy.

I'm still working on finding out what is happening. Hopefully will know soon (I'll post any new details here).

I would expect them to have sold out of any DVD's they brought to "The Gathering." Which would mean if nothing was set aside for either of you it will be a couple weeks before you receive anything if shipped via geekstuff.

-dan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Geekstuff.no problem (can't contact them) Reply with quote

rrs wrote:

Why is it possible, that they can be listed as MindCandy DVD reseller when they do not answer their mail and do not send out the products ordered.

Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
PS: The order number is 600. My mail is rrs@image.dk
(sorry for my bad english)

Hi, just to answer your specific case first - you chose an option marked as "domestic" in our webshop, "Postoppkrav". For those of you not completely fluid in Norwegian, let me explain - we have a system in the norwegian postal system where we send a package and the recipient pays the specified price. We then get the amount plus a fee of 44kr and postage deposited into our banking account.

Since we're in Norway and you're in Denmark, we've been unable to get a clear indication from the norwegian, swedish and danish postal systems wether packages sent from Norwey will be treated as "postoppkrav" if they are marked as such. We've tried to send 5 packages to sweden, and they were sent OK - but the recipients didn't need to pay anything, and we never got any money for it.

So for the last two weeks, we've been talking to the correct people (finally), and with the new templates we've been sent (EU-type - Norway's not in the EU), we can now send "postoppkrav"-packages to Denmark and Sweden... BUT! It's not that simple. The recipient has to pay a fee of 100DKK/SEK for the local postal system to transfer the money to a norwegian bank account. That sucks... So in final, you end up with paying:
150NOK - DemoDVD
27NOK - Postage
44NOK - Postoppkrav-fee
100DKK/SEK - bank wire charges.

All other foreigners that have chosen "postoppkrav" will today recieve an e-mail explaining this. Clearly, it's cheaper for the recipient to pay using VISA instead, since the two fees will be removed.
leggera2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nameless wrote:
I ordered from Geekstuff.no in march, and got a mail stating they hadn't received it yet. Then I got a mail saying it was shipped from USA. After a while I wrote an email asking where it was and got a reply that it was on the way. A week or so later I asked again, but got no answer, then I saw on their site that they had received it and was going to start shipping, and a short week later I had received it (I recevied it about 3 weeks ago).

Correct, as Dan (of FuseCon) knows, the USPS "10 day delivery promise" was utter bullshit, it actually toook about 3-4 weeks(!)
leggera2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Prepare yourselves to wait for a while.

I ordered 7 DVD's (one for me, six for friends) on the 27th of November last year. I pre-paid on/around the 10 of December, as that, according to their web site (at the time) would get me the DVD's before christmas.

Anyways. I've waited four months, and so far, still nothing. I sent my last email to them on monday the 21st of April, giving them time untill next monday (28.4) to either give me my money back, or finally get the DVD's shipped. If they fail to do so, I will turn the case over to the police.
Gjert-André

I'm the one to blaim here - I got a message from one at the office about a guy ordering 7 DVDs and still hadn't recieved anything... unfortunately, by the time I had parked my car outside the office, I had forgotten the case/ordernumber. And suddenly, there was lots of other things to do (organizing The Gathering - both crew and geekstuff).. I'm terribly sorry about it, and as you'll see, I've sent you and e-mail now.

It is of course utterly useless that something like this can happen - a short explanation follows:

The web system we're currently running is a system made for The Gathering 2002 where we had a small shop. The idea was to simply put up a store for TG, and shut it down after that. We didn't do that however - we continued producing things, importing, etc - and the system (which was buggy) was hacked together with other functions like VISA, etc. The code is currently consisting of C, C++, PHP, Perl, Shell and... Pascal.

We've been preparing for a major rewrite for a long time, and have had 2 people working 60% (5 hours per day) on it since december. A launch is scheduled to monday/tuesday next week. One of the major things we're looking forward to is a new status indicator. Our current status indicator is:
Ordered, Paid and recieved, Returned
The new is:
Order in transit, Ordered, Payment recieved, Packed, Shipped, Returned

This will fix the problems so fwr.

On the better side though - in 2002, we had over 4000 orders. So far in 2003, we've had over 5500. We've had 10 complaints and 5 major ones (where we've managed to ignore complaint e-mails, etc).

We're sorry for any problems.
Trixter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Zope for my websites now, and the content management framework is so good that you could pretty much replace all of your components with a single Zope server. Check out www.zope.org and www.plone.org (a CMF that runs on top of Zope). No need to reinvent the wheel...
leggera2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem here is the management of Geekstuff Norway - we have over 200 products, and a lot of sales. Our (new) system cuts the costs of accounters etc to half. We did try everything like Zope... and, well, we have 4 developers working full time (NOT being paid by geekstuff by the way, nobody gets any profit from the geekstuff project).... you know developers? They love reinventing the wheel Smile

Seriously talking though - a customer wanted a special system, and it only took us a couple of weeks to modify what we made for the customer to a geekstuff shop, and we now have complete integration with two different credit card clearing houses, membership organizations, etc.

Another thing is that we also have TUI and GUI utilities at events (cash registers). Geekstuff is much more than sales via a website - during The Gathering, we sold for about 400 000 NOK. An important part here is the syncronized workings of the cash register system and the webshop. We felt that a framwork like Zope would lock us down more than free time.
Trixter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very complex system. Smile Whatever works best for you, don't change a thing. I do have to point out, though, that since Zope has extensive gateways to Perl and Python, so it's not like you're locked into anything. Zope itself is written in Python, and you can execute Python code natively within it.

Not trying to convert you, just pointing out a misconception. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:
Very complex system. Smile Whatever works best for you, don't change a thing. I do have to point out, though, that since Zope has extensive gateways to Perl and Python, so it's not like you're locked into anything. Zope itself is written in Python, and you can execute Python code natively within it.

Not trying to convert you, just pointing out a misconception. Smile
'

30% of our system is made in C to improve speed, the other part is made in PHP... and my developers aren't fond of perl or python... or python is OK (according to them) for GUI development, our cash register system is made in GTK-Python.

Yeah, I've considered Zope... the other people at the office didn't like me for the rest of the day Smile
Trixter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

30% of our system is made in C to improve speed, the other part is made in PHP...

C? What on earth are you doing that requires C to speed things up? It's a web front-end, not statistical analysis... Is it running on a slow machine?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: