www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Viewing pictures with NTSC Tuner in PAL region

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandeep

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Viewing pictures with NTSC Tuner in PAL region Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Not sure if anyone out there can help with some advice.

I have a monitor that has NTSC & PAL capability. The TV Tuner that I have has been purchased from the US so it is NTSC, and has UHF & VHF.

Could anyone tell me if using the two components, I would be able to watch TV broadcasts in the UK using this equipment?
I know that the monitor has the capability...It is the tuner that I am not sure about. As it handles UHF & VHF, should it be able to pick up the UK broadcasts?
Are PAL & NTSC the display standards (I.e. only affect the conversion of the signal once it has been received by the tuner?).

I thought that the frequency (UHF VHF) was the most important factor if you had a monitor that had NTSC & PAL capability.

I would be very grateful for any advice and assistance that anyone out there can give me.

Many thanks,

Sandeep
Leviathant

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the differences between PAL and NTSC are both in frequency and in color palette. Might be out of luck.
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: outta luck Reply with quote

You need a PAL tuner to receive PAL signals. NTSC and PAL are quite a bit different so don't expect to use your NTSC tuner in the UK because it won't work.

A new tuner shouldn't cost much.

Good luck,
-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: