www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MC2 Status Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: MC2 Status Update Reply with quote

- I updated the Fusecon website to reflect the new MC2 DVD.
- We plan to have the MC2 website (mindcandydvd.com) up and running properly around the middle of this month.
- The reservation e-mail (pre-orders) will go out around 15-20 of December with pre-orders shipping around that 20-22 date.
- DVD release party is expected to be on the 21st.
- A distributor kit with press release should be available on the 4th of December.
- We will have two editions: PAL and NTSC. All the source material began in PAL and we converted to NTSC.

Are you ready for some demos?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Matt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Yes! Reply with quote

Yes, we're ready! Very exciting indeed. I'm planning a MindCandy party myself, albeit a small one. Me and my uncle. We will be watching the dvd together (buying one each of course) and remember the good old times while eating some nice food and drinking some nice beverages.

Thanks for all the hard work, guys!
Trixter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brings a tear to my eye Smile

Although 7+ hours would be necessary to view everything at one sitting (once with regular audio, once with commentary), definitely check out some of the commentary. The TBL commentary is fantastic and insightful, and the Sanity, Phenomena, and other groups' commentary is also great.
phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is anyone else planning release parties? would be cool to find out.

we're even considering moving the advance order/site launch date up, from the 20th to the 16th. they came out faster than we expected! gives you a little more headroom for xmas gifts too. Smile
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: DVD's coming soon Reply with quote

phoenix wrote:

we're even considering moving the advance order/site launch date up, from the 20th to the 16th. they came out faster than we expected! gives you a little more headroom for xmas gifts too. Smile

The PAL DVD has arrived but now I need to make sure European Distros have their copies. NTSC DVD probably won't show up until the 18th (give or take a day).

We had to redo the barcode artwork on the NTSC DVD so is going to delay the arrival of that DVD.

After initial pre-order rush we'll likely repress MC1 in the new year for those who missed out on the first DVD.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
maz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, just to push you a bit more to remove the "likely" in MC1 repress sentences: It doesn't make sense to show the MC1 DVD cover in the "Credits & Other Titles" section of MC2, if it's not available anymore :->
phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maz wrote:
Dan, just to push you a bit more to remove the "likely" in MC1 repress sentences: It doesn't make sense to show the MC1 DVD cover in the "Credits & Other Titles" section of MC2, if it's not available anymore :->

hey maz, i pushed for a vol 1 repress too, but dan argued we should focus on vol 2 production for now. i conceded, but don't worry - there may be a gap in vol 1 for a few weeks but we'll most likely (oops, there's that word again) put in a reorder right around when it runs out. just keep pushing the "bundle deal" potential on him. Smile
maz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, it will be sold out immediately at the MC2 release day, which means everybody who orders the bundle "in the gap" will have to wait for the shipping of the complete package (both MC1 and MC2), because it doesn't make sense to pay shipping costs twice (ship MC1 immediately and MC2 later). But to focus on the MC2 release was the right decision of course.
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: MC1 - MC2 Reply with quote

maz wrote:
The problem is, it will be sold out immediately at the MC2 release day, which means everybody who orders the bundle "in the gap" will have to wait for the shipping of the complete package (both MC1 and MC2), because it doesn't make sense to pay shipping costs twice (ship MC1 immediately and MC2 later). But to focus on the MC2 release was the right decision of course.

We will repress MC1 in the new year--at least that is my plan. Hoping to hold expenses and taxes in check, concerned about demand as well. I keep thinking we saturated the market. Also, when MC1 does get repressed it will be at a new DVD house, since the original DVD factory is not being used by bullseyedisc. I think it could take 3 weeks to repress.

As for MC2, we'll send out to those on the reservation list this weekend. The NTSC version of the DVD arrived today so I just need to make sure everything is good and then we are running.

-dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: