www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Side 1 / Side 2 stickers swapped on MC1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesus2099

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Side 1 / Side 2 stickers swapped on MC1 Reply with quote

Hello,
I have just received Mind Candy DVD volume one.
I think it's great though I wiss the end scrollers (2nd reality mostly).
Here is a small glitch that surprised me when trying the DVD.
It is double sided and the SIDE ONE / SIDE TWO labels are inverted from a user point of view.
Usually, the SIDE ONE label is on side 2 so that when LABEL SIDE ONE faces the sky when inserted in the player, the DVD will indeed play side one.
But here we have the SIDE ONE label sticked ON the side 2.
I think I have the latest reprint.
phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, we know. Dan probably should have mentioned it here. The production plant made this error but we didn't find out until they were all done. We debated doing the repress over again, but by that time discs had already gone out to vendors. So, we apologize for the confusion. As long as you remember that the label will appear on the bottom in your DVD player instead of the top, you'll be set. If we do any more reprints of vol 1, it will be right-side-up as usual.

-phoenix
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: label reversed Reply with quote

Yes, the label is reversed from industry standards. Sorry about that.

We did debate it. In the end there is a trade off--delaying things for a couple more weeks or getting the product out. Since DVD-10's are rare I figured we probably wouldn't have anyone notice or complain. So far you are the first--good catch. If there is ever another repress we'll fix it then...course, keep in mind there is never a perfect product so I'm sure there will be other tradeoffs somewhere (e.g. someone else requested we do subtitles for MC1). There is always room for improvement.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: