www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will Volume 2 bring?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trixter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although you don't have any Amiga experience, Panic is very close to the average quality of Amiga demos at the time. So although you don't know the platform, you will enjoy them I'm sure.

No doubt we will probably have a voting page up when the time comes to think about volume 2. I have no idea what people will vote... it will be interesting to watch.
Magebarf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, is there any plan to include any console demos in the future?

I know there aren't that many, but there are a few really nice. Then I'm speaking about Dreamcast, PS, PS2 and probably X-Box soon...

For sure it will not be enough to fill up a disc, maybe not even a half one, but it would be cool to have a small console-section in one of the future volumes.

And, I figure that it wouldn't be too hard to capture them, since most of the consoles have all kinds of connections aviable.
phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magebarf wrote:
Hmm, is there any plan to include any console demos in the future?

Maybe in a few years, when there are enough good ones to fill up a disc. Smile We've tossed around the idea of a "one-of-every-platform" volume, but because of the foreseen difficulty of gathering all the hardware, it's toward the bottom of the priority list.
sh0ck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: well... Reply with quote

Still waiting for my copy of MindCandy to arrive, but I know it has been posted, so happy about that. As for Volume 2, a full 100% Amiga one should be done if possible, but the demos could be ranging from the old "state of the art, 9 fingers, etc" to "little nell" again showing the progression (even tho they are using accelerators). As far as video quality, would it be worth maybe using a scart to s-video connector (if such is available?)

Anyway if that fails a 2nd pc version with all the demos we missed out on would be awesome.
robotriot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% amiga is MUST :) the demos should be captured from a real amiga of course, i personally don't mind the bluriness of composite anyway (i know that i'm pretty much alone with this view). i guess scandoublers/flickerfixers that enable vga monitors to be connected to amigas aren't very useful for your mission.
but maybe you could also throw in a pc intros dvd before that.

also i'm really interested in the figures, how many dvds you're selling in the us (or generally non-european countries) because i assume that's only the minority of customers (i don't want to discriminate anyone here, i only believe like 85% or so of all sceners live in europe and thus should be your target audience (speaking about pal dvds)). but you're welcome to prove me wrong anytime :)
PiXeLpApst

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: console demos... Reply with quote

well if you guys know of any cool console demos, you could pick you favourite and make it into an easter egg on the next volume. That way, you'd have a 100% Amiga DVD (or whatever else the vote turns out to be - i don't care, i'll buy it anyway) that keeps the money flowing, while still recognizing that there is a console scene too.
Just my € 0.02.
Oh and _thank you very much_ for this marvellous piece of work.
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robotriot wrote:

also i'm really interested in the figures, how many dvds you're selling in the US.

We sent 760 to the distributors: Geekstuff, David Poves, Maz Sound, Lynne Music. All of them except Geekstuff have received their DVD's.

We've sold 213 DVD's. And 152 were sent to those who helped/contributed/press. Of the 213 I'd say 85% are from the US/Canada.

Maz-sound, Geekstuff, and Lynnemusic have already sold > 350 so they have me beat.

You are correct that we expect to sell most in Europe.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
analogue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my 2 cents:
I'm all the way for a 100% Amiga volume 2 (ripped of the real one, not UAE)
or a 100% Commodore one (like 2/3 Amiga, 1/3 C64)
Trixter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: well... Reply with quote

sh0ck wrote:
As far as video quality, would it be worth maybe using a scart to s-video connector (if such is available?)

PAL Amigas have an SCART connector? Seriously? Yes, that would indeed kick major ass, but I don't recall any such beast... someone out there please enlighten me.

PS: LOVE LOVE LOVE your domain!
robotriot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trixter: well, all amigas have that rgb-port, and there are cables you connect to this port which are scart on the other end ;)

you could also try running some demos on an expanded cd32 which has a s-video port ;)
Trixter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD32 -- cute Smile but I also need to get them output from an A500 as well.

I did a lot of research last night and it seems that an Amiga-to-SCART adapter would be trivial to wire up, and I found a hardware box out there that converts RGB (via SCART) to S-Video, AND it supports both NTSC and PAL. I also found an extensive hardware modification to Commodore's A520, which would convert it from composite to S-Video, so that is also an option.

Coupled with the fact that the C64 does indeed have both a luminance and chrominance pin I can tap, getting quality output from The World Of Commodore should be much easier than I thought. Which is a relief.
Sesse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: C64 emulation Reply with quote

Wouldn't C64 be one of the few platforms where there are almost _perfect_ emulators available?

/* Steinar */
- who received his MindCandy DVD today, and is enjoying every last bit of it =)
Sesse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and another PC volume would be great as well -- a lot of really good demos never made it to the first volume. There's more good stuff where the first 42 demos came from =)
KithKanan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: C64 emulation Reply with quote

Sesse wrote:
Wouldn't C64 be one of the few platforms where there are almost _perfect_ emulators available?

Yes and no. The graphics are almost spot on, the major emulation problem I haven't seen fully resolved (at least as of 6 months ago) is the sound. You can get somewhat close on the sound, but SID chip is analog, the actual production versions are different from what technical documentation is available, and the sound of the filters varies even on SIDs in the same production run.

-Mike, who also got his DVD today and is VERY happy
Sesse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a new volume every second year or so, summing up the best stuff from the last two years? Ie. "MindCandy 2002-2003" :-)

The only downside would probably be that most of it would be PC demos, which `everybody' could watch anyhow. It's a lot harder to get the oldschool stuff to run properly, so it might be more interesting that way. (Still, a lot of sceners don't have the GeForceWhateverIsTheLatestVersion that is needed to get a demo to run at 60fps, and there still are decent Amiga demos coming out :-) )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: