www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will Volume 2 bring?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:
Dude! We will probably be talking intimately at some point. Smile To answer your questions:

PPC: Only if we can get some hardware. I was impressed by New Dawn Fades, but Amiga hardware is rare enough in the states without trying to find a PAL PPC machine. We are definitely looking to borrow machines, because to buy them would cost crazy amounts of cash.

68060: Again, whatever we can get our hands on. Getting hold of a stock A4000 (68040, right?) is probably possible, but again we need to make sure we can get PAL machines.

The goal is to capture on the *right* machine for each demo. For that we'll look to get at least an A500, A1200, and A4000. (preferably with various levels of acceleration that can be disabled via a toggle switch or similar).

I already have a US A500 and A1200. I get NTSC out of them. Someone told me that if I boot up holding down both buttons and selecting 50Hz I will get PAL -- not true with US Amigas. I do get a PAL refresh rate, but an NTSC color signal Sad So we will need new hardware.

Yep, i like New dawn fades too. It has something special...

Mmmm...for recent demos, the best is always 68060. But buying an 68060 turbocard brand new is still amazingly expensive.

If you are looking for stuff to buy, maybe you can look in the Classifieds sections on for example http://www.amiga.org. Or drop a note in the forum. You never know Wink

I've got a PAL Amiga1200 which i could setup with 68030. I also have a Amiga1200 with 68060 but sending it all the way to America from Belgium seems risky. And it is my dream demomachine.
Trixter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would you agree that stock A500 and A1200 + 68060 are the only two machines we would need?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:
So would you agree that stock A500 and A1200 + 68060 are the only two machines we would need?

Mmm...still depends on which demos you want to run. There are some demos that are better with A1200+030, but these 68030 cards come cheap. (i have one that i could miss for this project).

So yes, A500 and A1200 vanilla, 68030 and 68060 is all you need.

z5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Trixter wrote:

Mmm...still depends on which demos you want to run. There are some demos that are better with A1200+030, but these 68030 cards come cheap. (i have one that i could miss for this project).

So yes, A500 and A1200 vanilla, 68030 and 68060 is all you need.

z5

I agree with the above Amigas needed but if you really want to cover the more recent and classic PPC demos to then i would recommend getting an A4000 with the fastest 604e (PPC) CPU you can find. The A1200 can have PPC also but only up to the 603e line and may not do some of the demos full justice.
Granted that the hardware is expensive but perhaps some kind soul can help you out in that field.
I myself have an 603e in my A1200, its not bad i guess for some demos but the 604e would be perfect
Ciaran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trixter, about the SuperGen SX bit before, how could you tell that the one on sale was NTSC, not PAL? I can't find that info on the page, or on the pic...
Trixter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote email to the seller. But since it was sold from a US business, changes are good that it was NTSC.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I would just like to add I would love to see 'State of the Art' and 'Jesus on Es' on the next CD.

PS, love the 1st disk. I could even go for another side of modern demos. I've been missing out on demos using Mac since the non-accelerated years and I'm just blown away by how the scene has transformed. This art form is IT I tell you!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i love demos since i bought my first c64 i would like to see as much demos (c64, amiga, pc) on dvd as possible.
My dream about the demoDVD Project is, that there will be a new dvd every 3 months. I´ll buy it even if i have to pay 25 € for each !
Loved your work on volume one and send my respect to all of the people involved for their work.
For a collectory like i am, there´s nothing better than this.
The biggest advantage for me is : EVERY DEMO WORKS 100% Smile
Try to get that done with the hardware today *uargh*

So.. can´t wait to see the next one.
C.O.N.S/Panic (since 1986, now passive)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no you have to get a PPC !!!!! We have to show he world that the amiga is still not dead ....... And new stuff is still made ..

please !!!!
Trixter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then send us a PPC!

Seriously -- we would love to include PPC demos on the next volume but the hardware is so expensive that we're not sure we can afford to... Willing to lend us your PPC for a month?
Ashitaka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Well, waiting for my ordered dvd to arrive, i'd like to ask a question : do you already have an idea about "featurettes" on this second opus ?

What would it be about ? Maybe some footage made on amiga parties ?

Tom.
Philippe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For featurettes:
Idea Interviews and commentaries WITH SUBTITLES,
Idea Maybe some slide-shows ?

For the search of PPC machine(s), try clubs; some links here:
Arrow http://www.amihoo.u-net.com/usergroups.html
Arrow http://obligement.free.fr/liens.php#association
Arrow http://members.tripod.com/~tromax1/linkamiga4.html
Trixter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slideshows? Of what?
byeaus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: MC2 - Amiga - DO NOT INCLUDE Reply with quote

I just filled out your survey for MindCandy 2.

Amiga Only is great.

Please DO NOT include Odyssey by Alcatraz.
if you have to, keep it as short as possible. Don't waste the Space on the DVD for it.

I know, the demo won at the Party I in Denmark in 1991.

I also know, that this Demos is responsible for setting time limits for the length of demos at demo parties.
I don't have a problem with long demos, but c'mon. The Demo is repetitive. I always thought, why didn't silent's and crionics Hardwired win?

By the way. Hardwired is a must have. You would be gods, if you would be able to get your hands on a version with the "john" intact Smile.
byeaus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:
Slideshows? Of what?

Images of GFX competition winners. Such as Peachy, Angel Dawn, Rack and Dream Design Images.

Also Slideshow of Demos who did'nt make it on the DVD (such as Odyssey by Alcatraz (hopefully) hehe).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: