www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD's have arrived...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: DVD's have arrived... Reply with quote

The DVD's will begin shipping on Monday 9 December 2002 to distributors, press, all those who helped, and those who pre-ordered.

People in the US should expect their DVD's to arrive around the end of the week and those in Europe the week after (15th - 21st).

Sorry for the delays...

out,
-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD is here.
unfortunatelly are both of my tvs too old/bad .....its only black and white...
dvd-player supports ntsc....
but its a great dvd!

bye
sammy
Incommunicado^Science

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Itīs here at last Very Happy

Today my DVD got delivered and it will definetly stop me from learning linear algebra for my exam on friday.
But to cut it short. It rocks!!!

cu
Sid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Incommunicado^ScienceToday my DVD got delivered and it will definetly stop me from learning linear algebra for my exam on friday.
[/quote]

Wow, the audio commentary should rock for you, you bet there is some nice internals in it for mathematic/coding freaks Smile

Well, mine DVD also arrived today, i only could take a quick look for now and now, now comes the part in Crystal Dreams I absolutely LOVE! That jelly box with that nice bells in the tune, great. I couldn't see (and hear) this for quite some time. For now I'm totally stunned, I think at the weekend I completely watch the oldskool section, my girlfriend will call me mad, whatever, this is the best since Dreams1+2!

I will come back to this forum as soon as i got through it all.

THANKS Trixter et al!
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: DVD already? Reply with quote

I JUST began shipping the DVD on Monday so I have no idea how anyone has received the DVD...although Maz did receive his DVD shipment on Monday so maybe he was able to ship before me!

I should be all caught with shipping orders by Thursday afternoon. In otherwords, all orders up until Wednesday night will be shipped out by Thursday.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kieran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DMW,

I got an email just now saying that mine was also shipped. I live in Australia, can anyone give me any hints as to when my DVD will arrive??

Looking forward to it!

baldrick/jinx
epo-x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: finally here Reply with quote

I heard a huge *klonk* from the front door just 5 minutes ago, and there it was Very Happy .. I ordered my copy from maz-sound.com and live in Finland, very fast work, appreciated!
epo-x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: one more thing... Reply with quote

by the way, that dvd WILL play with playstation 2, just tried Very Happy
Kuvaweopu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:38 am    Post subject: Yes it's here Reply with quote

I also live in Finland and received the disc today. Great stuff! Just watching Dope by Complex and I'm really enjoying it. Have to say that the mastering is top-notch. Image and sound quality really are as good as they can be made. Thank you!

I'm playing the disc with a stand-alone Pioneer DV-717 and no problems so far.

When can I place my preorder for Vol 2? Very Happy
Gunther V

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Belgium and I was completly surprised finding the DVD in the mailbox this morning ! Greaaaaaat job ! Very Happy

I had a quick look and I'm really impressed by this DVD. Very nice and it lives up to the quality the demoscene was/is.

Thanks to all the people who helped in achieving this great production !
JoShuA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in France and I also received the DVD this morning, unfortunatly I did not have time to have a look to it Sad
I'm longing to be this evening to watch it
Trixter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Yes it's here Reply with quote

Kuvaweopu wrote:
I also live in Finland and received the disc today. Great stuff! Just watching Dope by Complex and I'm really enjoying it. Have to say that the mastering is top-notch. Image and sound quality really are as good as they can be made. Thank you!

Thanks so much for the nice compliments! Dope is, in particular, one of the very best remasters on the disc because jmagic initially did not give us permission because according to jugi he was worried about possible quality loss. Later jugi convinced him otherwise, but I made it a priority to give Dope extra attention anyway.

There are a few demos I am *not* happy with in terms of quality... I will not name them because I don't want to bring any attention to them, but they were victims of not having enough money to buy/rent a Sony DSC-1024HD (the very best scan converter for this kind of work). I did what I could with them (one in particular got almost 20 hours of editing and processing), but eventually had to move on.
maz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: DVD already? Reply with quote

dmw wrote:
I JUST began shipping the DVD on Monday so I have no idea how anyone has received the DVD...although Maz did receive his DVD shipment on Monday so maybe he was able to ship before me!
-dan

I got them at monday and shipped 90% the same day, the rest on tuesday. Great to hear they arrived in Belgium, France and Finland already, just two days, wow.
kuvaweopu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes it's here Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:

There are a few demos I am *not* happy with in terms of quality... I will not name them because I don't want to bring any attention to them, but they were victims of not having enough money to buy/rent a Sony DSC-1024HD (the very best scan converter for this kind of work). I did what I could with them (one in particular got almost 20 hours of editing and processing), but eventually had to move on.

Yes, I did notice some jerkiness problems (especially with the scrollers) in some of the older demos. But I do think it is a minor nuisance considering how good a job you have done otherwise. I've done some video capturing/editing/converting myself and know how much pain it can be to get everything just right even with fairly troublefree source material.

What I like the most is the clarity of the picture and the great colors. Some of the oldskool demos actually never looked this good before. Smile

I've yet to check out "transcendental vistas" side of the disc in any great detail but from what I've seen so far, it looks just plain beautiful.
freeZe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: DVD arrived Reply with quote

yes - it arrived. thanks to the creators of this wonderful DVD. just some years ago (1986) i got my first amiga an was impressed about these cool demos. hopefully we will see some amiga demos in release 2 of the DVD!

Smile notice: the stuff arrived on Dez 11 in switzerland by airmail.

Idea for the future: if you guys make a scene selection on the DVD, so number the scenes on the menu like in the booklet. it makes it faster to find.

=> BIG THANKS for the christmas surprise Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: