www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mindcandy on xbox
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
babaz

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx rc55,
tweakig a bit with my modded XBOX i've managed to understand the way PAL-60 mode works... it has to be activated from the original micro$oft dashboard itself, but even doing so this mode is actually triggered by the software you are running, better explained:

using MAMEoX (XBOX M.A.M.E. most actively supported porting), PAL-60 (if activated in dashboard!) is triggered and the result is silk smooth scrolling where before was just stutter and jerkiness Very Happy (switch off PAL-60 in dashboard and stuttering is immediately back - it's a counterproof!)

unfortunately the (solely?) available DVD player for the modded XBOX (DVDx v2) seems to *NOT* support PAL-60 (do not triggers it, even if activated into m$ dashboard)...

hance it's why i *do* think different bios releases won't help working out this issue

what's actually needed is a new version of DVDx with PAL-60 support, or maybe some other XBOX software DVD player that already features such an option...

let's keep this up (after all there are zillions of XBOX out there, right? oh well, at least this is the numbers they make us swallow... so go figure!)

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: