www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just You're Everyday "Great!" Message ;)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dma-Sc / Sector One

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Just You're Everyday "Great!" Message ;) Reply with quote

I watched the whole thing today and yep, it's great stuff! Wink

Also while i was affraid of the compression when i made a fast visioning test the day i received it, i can finally say that it's quite good, especially concidering the complexity of the pictures and certainly that the compression wasn't made frame by frame like what big companies can afford.

I like the progression of the oldskool side and i think it's good resume of the PC demo history (with lots of prods i never saw by the way Rolling Eyes but i'm not a PC scener basicaly Wink).

I was wondering something, why are there no Farb-Rauch demos on the DVD ? I thought their level was quite good...

Some little complains (very little ones anyway Razz)...
It would have been great to have the demos info-captions as subtitles instead of video-inclusions, so it could be removed.
Also some infos about the originals demo requirements would have been interesting to judge the achievements of each production.
Subtitles over the commentaries and the bonuses would have been nice for the non-perfect-english people like me (some guys speak not clearly enough and webcam quality doesn't help ! Wink).

Also there are some little bugs i think (but it's nothing anyway):
- a subtitle track is present but it doesn't display anything.
- the audio tracks can be switched on the menu and then there's no music.

Okay, what i can add is that i can't wait for the second episode !!! Very Happy
Dma-Sc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitly not good english, sorry for the fault in the post title (i should concentrate myself a little bit more Rolling Eyes).
phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Just You're Everyday "Great!" Message ;) Reply with quote

Dma-Sc / Sector One wrote:
I was wondering something, why are there no Farb-Rauch demos on the DVD ? I thought their level was quite good...

We decided not to include 64k intros, and that includes their "64k demos". Smile FR-06: Black 2000 was on the "Standby" list for side 1, but we did not have the space for any Standby demos. FR-020: In Control will be a contender for the next PC demo volume, and I'm sure they'd appear on an intro volume if we ever made one.

Quote:

Some little complains (very little ones anyway Razz)...
It would have been great to have the demos info-captions as subtitles instead of video-inclusions, so it could be removed.

This is an interesting idea, we'll give it some thought.

Quote:
Also some infos about the originals demo requirements would have been interesting to judge the achievements of each production.

This was in our original plans but it got cut so we could get the DVD done on time.

Quote:
Subtitles over the commentaries and the bonuses would have been nice for the non-perfect-english people like me (some guys speak not clearly enough and webcam quality doesn't help ! Wink).

Again, we just ran out of time! It probably would've pushed the release back another month or so, heh.

Quote:

Also there are some little bugs i think (but it's nothing anyway):
- a subtitle track is present but it doesn't display anything.
- the audio tracks can be switched on the menu and then there's no music.

Yeah, this is a result of the software we used (ReelDVD) to make the disc. We only had one "title" per side, so every chapter had to have two audio tracks. I asked Trixter about repeating the menu music in the alternate audio track, but he declined for various reasons. If we ever use a different (better) program, there will be separate titles for the menus and demos so that won't be a problem anymore.
Black Monk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you do make up the initial production costs (not if, when! Smile ) would you consider revisiting this DVD sometime in the future? Like, a re-release with some tweaks based on feedback from these forums and whatnot? And remastered with the newer DVD authoring package that y'all will probably be using?

I'm sure the next DVD that will be made (please oh please) is going to be much more polished based on the feedback in the forums and the experience gained from making the first DVD. It'd just be nice to have a tweaked volume 1 DVD someday.

Though I've already bought a copy I wouldn't mind buying a new one with some of the improvements that have been mentioned. Eh, just food for thought.
Trixter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Just You're Everyday "Great!" Message ;) Reply with quote

Dma-Sc / Sector One wrote:
Also while i was affraid of the compression when i made a fast visioning test the day i received it, i can finally say that it's quite good, especially concidering the complexity of the pictures and certainly that the compression wasn't made frame by frame like what big companies can afford.

Actually... it was analyzed frame-by-frame, FIVE TIMES EACH, just like big hollywood companies. The only difference is that it was done in software, which took literally over a day to encode. Big companies can afford hardware encoders Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: