www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shipping DVD's outside the US -> Custom Forms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmw
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Shipping DVD's outside the US -> Custom Forms Reply with quote

For every DVD I send outside the US I have to include a custom form. If I'm not sending you a free DVD then I mark the merchandise field on the package and put a price of the DVD not including postage (~$15). I don't mark gift because it isn't.

This may hold up the DVD for some of you and you may have to pay duties on the product. I suppose it depends on your country.

If you have been charged duties/taxes feel free to comment and offer suggestions. I have no idea what other/bigger companies (e.g. Amazon) due regarding these customs forms.

-dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
neptho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

Having set items to Canada, Australia, and Sweden. (Ok, I'm sheltered. Wink), I've experienced very few issues with things marked as merchandise, so long as it is under a certain numeric amount.

Canada doesn't seem to care about anything I've sent under $50USD, and the same goes for Australia. As for Sweden, I've had conflicting reports from a few mates there. YMMV. :/

- nep
anonym/padua

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neptho wrote:
Canada doesn't seem to care about anything I've sent under $50USD, and the same goes for Australia. As for Sweden, I've had conflicting reports from a few mates there. YMMV. :/

Actually I had to pay GST/PST and handling fees when receiving the DVD here in Canada.

/Frank

PS: Great work, btw! If I can help with a future c64 edition, let me know.
jorlando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: customs in Brazil Reply with quote

As you said, it depends on each country that you send the products. In here in Brazil everything is taxed in a sampling basis.

So if my dvd got caught in that sample (I heard it's about 30% of all the goods that arrive by mail) I would have to pay an additional tax of 60% (yeah, 60%, sixty percent, you read right) calculated by the total value (DVD + shipping - isn't our customs nice? They tax the good AND the mail Smile

What I have seen from other companies (Hong Kong, mostly) they mark the product as "commercial sample", it seems that most countries don't tax a commercial sample no mather the declared value of it.

Books aren't taxed too, I think that there is some International agreement about it.
Chapaev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Australia you tend to only attract import duty at about A$500, or if you've got multiples of the same thing. This can mean that serious collectors are treated like dealers, but when it comes down to it many serious collectors are casual dealers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: