www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MC won't load on my PC's DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: Wing Commander Movies Reply with quote

There is now a small windows program which can play back Wing Commander 3/4/5 Movies and extract them to uncompressed video.

http://www.wcrevival.de/hcl/

It was such a thrill to see all those movies again. And to see the ones not reached by gameplay (such as Tolwyn drumming out of the service for bad performance in WC4)

The playback mode seems to run smoother in Win98 than WinXP.

They also have some high resolution hacks for the Prophecy games.

Check it out homiez

Smak
Trixter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As cool as this is, it still doesn't beat the quality of the movies on the DVD version Smile But I agree it is cool seeing the video. I was a fan of the WC3 video since it said it required a 2X CDROM but having a 1X at the time I was astonished to see that it played just fine in most places. Very efficient techniques for the time period.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: