www.fusecon.com Forum Index www.fusecon.com
Fusecon General Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will Volume 2 bring?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blakespot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: s-video on Amiga Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:

It works with all Amigas. I have one and my brother is going to help me mod it (he is working on his electronics degree).

Quite clearly we're in good hands! Smile Thanks!

Seems you'd need a fat-agnus 1MB CHIP, stock, 68000-based Amiga with 1.3 kickstart ROMS as well as a 68060 (or passably a 68040) AGA Amiga 1200 or 4000 to do an Amiga DVD up right. I had a 50MHz 060 A1200 tower system exclusively for demos, but I had to sell it, sadly, to fund the purchase of an iBook. Still have my A2000 tho -- it would be a shame to pass up some of the excellent, older ECS demos (Phenomena's Enigma, Pygmy Project, State of the Arte, Spaceballs I / II, Lemon's Announce, Kefren's Desert Dreams, etc.) for only an AGA showing.

I still watch demos all the time on that A2000.

blakespot
Trixter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT: Are A4000s AGA or ECS/OCS?
blakespot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:
OT: Are A4000s AGA or ECS/OCS?

All A1200's and A4000's are AGA. The CD32 is also AGA. A3000's are ECS. Late in their life A500's and A2000's were offered as ECS, but most are OCS. A1000's were all OCS.

An OCS A500 or A2000 can easily be upgraded to ECS with a few chip replacements.

blakespot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make an all amiga DVD , would have been so nice Smile Throw in some of the newer stuff too .... =)

thanks.kriz
Chapaev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trixter wrote:
It's not an easy problem to solve, and the only proper solution is a PAL disc for euro users and an NTSC disc for everyone else. Which I'm not looking forward to.

You could have PAL one side and NTSC the other. Half the number of demos, but people can choose compatibility or quality...

Wonderful job on Volume 1 BTW. Is there a place to put my email address for notification of Volume 2?
phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We considered this and decided against it. It would just shortchange everyone to make a DVD effectively half the length of the first one.

The website reserve list will go back up sometime in the near future, once the dust has settled on the first volume...
Chapaev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteppeDD wrote:
And yes, there's no way around the real C64 when it comes to perfect reproduction of the SID sound.

A SID-enabled Catweasel Mk3 might do it, and it will suit both a PC and an Amiga 2000.

http://www.jschoenfeld.com/products/cwmk3_e.htm

Mind you, I'm still having a few problems with the floppy controller portion of mine and I didn't get a SID. I should have picked up an old beat up C64 I saw recently to strip the chip from it...
pepto

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:57 am    Post subject: Catweasel MK3 Reply with quote

Quote:
A SID-enabled Catweasel Mk3 might do it, and it will suit both a PC and an Amiga 2000.

...and a Mac... Wink

Well... The Catweasel MK3 is a fine card and I'm actually listening to SIDs with it this very moment. Unfortunately in terms of audio-quality, some pretty heavy PCI-bus noise finds its way into the audio-out of the card, so I don't think this would be a wise choice for DVD-production. The noise-level depends on many aspects, like the power-supply, though, so it might be virtually noiseless for you... it depends on many things... it might also be more noisy than a real C64 for you...

You also should use it with a 6581 instead of a 8580 as it has fixed filter capacitors for the 6581 IIRC...

In terms of audio-quality (noise) I heard better things about the Hardsid card (they will be doing a PCI-version in the not-so-distant future AFAIK)... but I havn't seen (or heard) one in action yet... So I can't really comment on its quality...

Don't get me wrong... The Catweasel a great card... I might try to lower the noise a little myself (with a better power-supply or something)... This is just a little warning to not get the DVD-crew overly excited at first and then disappointed when hearing the noise-level...

Keep up the good work...
Trixter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would use real C64s anyway.
crunchi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: more pc demos Reply with quote

some more Pc demos/intros would be cool like:

Farbrausch
------------
fr-08: the product
fr-019: poem to a horse

Haujobb
----------
orbitalism
Liquid... wen?

kewlers
---------
974 mites
Variform

aardbei
----------
eastside works
westside twiddly

speckdrumm
-----------------
rot gelb wobbelig

tpolm
-----------------
salmiakki

AND
-----------------
squish

Moppi Productions
------------------
Halla
Philippe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Full Amiga DVD Reply with quote

I think a only-Amiga scene DVD is better.
It seems more pro and clean.
And there is enough great demos on Amiga for some volumes anyway...

Mix C64, Atari and Amiga makes a hotchpotch, demos mass.
See a C64 demo and after an Amiga is a too big change.
Like tomatoes and after chocolates (but I like the two Wink )

I hope the volume 2 will be as clean as the first.
Amiga-only please please please.
unssi0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes AMIGA DVD. amiga scene was always better than pc scene
and compare for example arte for second reality. arte was lot
better imo. so yes, i would buy amiga demo dvd but not atari/spectrum.
maybe c-64...
flr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't seen the volume1 dvd yet (still awaiting it), but i know: i'll buy them all. it's a must for demomaniacs..

sneaking in the pc-demoscene since 1991/92 (in that early years always with a tear under my eye after visiting the screens of some 'workbenchers' ..), i've collected nearly every pc-demo,-intro,-tune etc. until the year 2000 (it was too much, most old crews were gone, priorities changed..). therefore i've bought many many creative-soundcards and all the gravis-babies and recorded a lot of vhs-tapes using weirdest constructions, followed by vcd's and since one year several dvd's, done for my own pleasure and for projections in chillouts of tiny parties and chillzones of non-commercial tekkno open air gigs.

after some months of inactivity in the web, i drove over maz and what's that !!!?!? demo's on dvd ! oh my god - falling down under the table Wink all the years of wasted time trying to get high quality on tape or vcd/dvd Smile

you HAVE to release more volumes, you HAVE you HAVE you HAVE to, it's a MUST ! Wink
its your DUTY to all the ex-sceners and to all newbies to keep the 'tradition' of watching demo's, even or especially the good old-ones (before 1997).

thank you!

don't forget stunning 64intro's like poison,tuhka(coma),drift,haloorca etc and so many other beauties from orange,byterapers,cncd,tpolm,scoop(ninja2),coma,pulse,complex,shock,tbl and so on, for further compilations. i know, it's too much at all.. it would be also nice if you put not only first-place-party-demo's on your dvd's - some joking demo's would be nice too, for example the the tpolm-story (y'know what i mean, it was in nearly all demo's made by them Wink or orange's 3d-world-domination etc.

anyway, thanks,
cya
Trixter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get the DVD, I'd be curious to know how you think we did on video quality. Send me an email comparing our effort to yours.
The Dark Judge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered the dvd. A guy at work has it already but I want one for myself, and think this project deserves to be supported any way possible. So no copy-copy this time.

Anyway, just my 2 cents: I've been part of all 3 scenes (c64/amiga/pc) but nowadays consider myself to be a c64 scener only (still active after over 15 years). I've collected way too many demos on all systems but gave up a few years ago since it became too much, plus for example my amiga became outdated (regular A1200 + 4mb). Anyway, next week my new pc will arrive which will enable me to see all the latest pc demos again. I still have a 486+GUS for the old demos so the pc demo-range is covered. And with 3 working c64's you know that that platform is covered.

Hence, I'll be happy to see an amiga dvd, because it's been ages since I saw anything new on that machine. Still, if you do a c64 dvd, please please please ask real c64 sceners to at least help you select the demos since there are so many available that outsiders might miss some real good stuff.

And if you do decide for a pc dvd, put Stasis/Analogue on it. That was my group you know Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fusecon.com Forum Index -> MindCandy DVD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: